Why didn't we...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why didn't we......

Killa_B

Practice Squad
Reaction score
activate Robert Baker at all this past year. I've watched him play in Nfl Europe and he looked good. Plus he's more a threat than derrius thompson or J McKnight. Lets not forget baker was a great wr at Auburn.

Dont forget Kendall Newsome and Sam Simmons who also had great years in NFLE

Because we had to let him go. We couldn't keep him on the practice squad anymore. He was picked up by Minnesota for awhile.

Baker was here long enough and wasn't good enough.

He was a good WR at Auburn, until he went to jail.

Sam Simmons hasn't played in NFL Europe.

What about JR Tolver?

Looked promising in the preseason then never saw a game.

Originally posted by fin-atic
What about JR Tolver?

Looked promising in the preseason then never saw a game.

Tolver was activated for one game and then placed on IR the week after that. He apparently had some nagging injury that needed surgery (I can't remember which body part it was on...nothing terribly serious as I remember it.) He and the team figured he wasn't going to see a whole lot of action this year and that, since he would need the surgery anyway, they might as well get it out of the way so that he'd be ready to go come mini-camp time in June. From what I understand he's doing fine now; hopefully he'll wow us all next season...I'm cheering for him to be good!

if i remember correctly, he had some tissue or something in a sholder (i think, might have been a knee though) that needed to be removed.

Tolver had to have his patellar tendon repaired. That's in the knee.

Originally posted by Muck
Because we had to let him go. We couldn't keep him on the practice squad anymore. He was picked up by Minnesota for awhile.

Actually, we cut him and he was picked from the waiver the next day by the Vikings. They cut him one week later, probably a few days more, but still in the offseason.
Sad story! I still can't understand keeping Newson and releasing Baker. Maybe this happened because of Newsons return qualities.

Originally posted by Boomer
Baker was here long enough and wasn't good enough.

He was a good WR at Auburn, until he went to jail.

And he looked like a word-beater in that first camp before he tore that ACL. :(

Originally posted by Germandolfan

Actually, we cut him and he was picked from the waiver the next day by the Vikings. They cut him one week later, probably a few days more, but still in the offseason.

That's what I meant. In previous years, we'd simply put him back on the practice squad. This year he had no shot at making the roster, but had already spent two years on the PS. So we released him early to give him a shot elsewhere.

Sorry Muck! I just wanted to make clear that your "picked up by Minnesota for awhile" wasn't longer than maximum 20 days. Here in Germany, awhile means a few months. Maybe I still have to learn your language :D
Nevertheless, I really enjoyed Bakers play in the NFLE. I'd liked to see him in aqua and orange!

Back
Top Bottom