Why do most think we are 8-8 at best? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do most think we are 8-8 at best?

rainmaker1313

Active Roster
Reaction score
We were a 10-6 team all along. Ricky left and we had injuries and no one knew who was out starting QB. We fixed out problems and added more depth and a new coach. Why are we only an 8-8 team? I think You are nuts. I think worse case 9-7 and we may be looking at 10-6 or 11-5 with some breaks and surprises. Our defense is good enough to keep all the games close and add our new offensive talent and we are in great shape We will do this to the other teams :chair: :whip2: :bombyou:

It's cause the rest of the AFC is getting better, faster.

We catch a few lucky breaks? who knows?

We play in the best division in football, that's part of the reason. And you don't go 4-12 without more problems than just Ricky Williams leaving the team. Admittedly, the defense will be younger and healthier than last year, which is good for some improvement, the offense should be better, and coaching should be good for a couple more wins. But a gain of 4 wins is a pretty big deal; I'd be happy with 8-8. I just don't think we're as good as the Bills or Jets right now, let alone the Patriots.

We werent even a 4-12 team. Remember Ricky left, Boston was hurt, Gordon got hurt, others got hurt, Fiedler and Aj were playing musical chairs, Wanny was coaching, our Offensive coordinator was calling high school plays. Plus we had many other problems all stacked on top of each other. It was a fluke year all around.

We will be better then 8-8. That is true we had more problems then ricky we had way to many injuries on both sides of the ball then we had to give AJ his experience so with all of that behind us A new system a new Coach. 10-6 is possible but 9-7 is more likly our players need to get used to the new system and we do have the toughtest schedule and in the toughest Division.

I agree. I think we should make the wild card this year. Call me a homer but we are def better than 8-8.

Listen...Our Offensive Line, (among other things such as system) DEFINATELY made us 4-12. THis year, with a better offensive line coach, plus new players and new system, we pretty much have the same offensive line as last year plus 1 or 2 new starters. We'll only be as good as our offensive line allows us to be. 8-8 sounds not too far off.

This team is better than 8-8. Look for the Dolphins to shock a lot of people. Our division is tough, but we're gonna surprise the Bills and Jets and sweep them and split with N. England again. I say 10-6 will be our record. I think this team is better than our last 10-6 team. We'll be MUCH less predictable on both sides of the ball. We have much better coaching, we're pretty set at the skil positions and our defense will improve and be mroe aggressive. And the injury bug that has bitten us for the past 3 seasons is bound to go jump on someone else. Our injury like has to change.

8-8 is a realistic assessment of where we could be at the end of the season.

We could very well end up a 10-6 team or 11-5, who knows?

We could also end up 4-12. There are too many unknown factors at this moment. But I say who cares? We have definately turned the corner and better days are ahead.:D

1) O-line still sucks (no coach can turn that around with esentially the same players)
2) Difficult schedule. Ranked #1 in the NFL
3) Old defense starting to break down. Far from where it was 3 and 4 years ago.
4) 2nd or 3rd tier type of QB in guys like Ferrote and Feeley.
5) Kicker is shakey to say the least
6) AFC is deep with talented teams.

We are a year or two away. This team was in shambles and Saban has done a very good job thus far in getting things going in the right direction. Anything over 6 wins this year I consider a plus.

I dont think we should be depending on some lucky breaks or surprises to be better this year because if you havent noticed bad luck and misfortune follows this team around. Lets just try to be competive in each game and get the players that are used to losing the past few years realize that with new coaching were gonna have a chance to win every game if we just stay in the game the whole way

phunwin said:
We play in the best division in football, that's part of the reason.

AFC West is probably better from top to bottom.

NorFlaFin said:
It's cause the rest of the AFC is getting better, faster.

We catch a few lucky breaks? who knows?

exactly. Last year there were 6 AFC teams with 10+ win records and 9 teams with winning records (not counting the 8-8 teams.) That is a brutal conference. Compare that to the NFC that only had 3 teams with records above 10 wins and only 4 teams with winning records (not counting 8-8 teams)

I have us as a 9-7 team if all goes great we can be a 11-5 team. If we were in the NFC I would have us at 11-5 with the chance of going 13-3 if all goes well.

The AFC West is such a soft divison. You have Denver and Kansas City that play absolutly no defense so they are really no factor to beating the really good teams, San Diego finally had a good year, it was gonna happen eventually for them and Oakland I believe is not very good. Just because they bring in a bunch of good free agents doesnt mean their gonna tear apart the NFL. How many teams actually do good when they try to win with just free agents? Not that many. Also our divison is producing the Super Bowl Champion every year with the Patriots and the Jets have gotten out of the first round of playoffs consistently and Bills not saying they have done alot up untill this year may be one the most balanced teams in the league with both a good offense and a good defense. Bottom Line AFC East is more balanced good at every phase of the game while the AFC is good at just offense.

It can't get worse

:confused: Or can it...:lol: By us going 8-8 is a huge gain and also puts us in the middle of the draft with us gaining some more players. I will feel we are headed in the right direction if we finish 8-8.

Back
Top Bottom