Why do the Lions and Cowboys always play on Thanksgiving? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why do the Lions and Cowboys always play on Thanksgiving?

InMyChambers

Sniper
Reaction score
I thought I remember the reason being way back when they wanted to have games on Thanksgiving Detroit and Dallas were the only ones that wanted to do so and therefore they are rewarded with those games from now on.

Is this true?

Its a tradition. Even though I wouldn't watch a Lions or Cowboys game unless they were playing the Fins, I love to watch them on Thanksgiving, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Plus, I love that the NFL choose to make Thanksgiving day, "Throwback Day".

Nublar7 said:
Its a tradition. Even though I wouldn't watch a Lions or Cowboys game unless they were playing the Fins, I love to watch them on Thanksgiving, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Plus, I love that the NFL choose to make Thanksgiving day, "Throwback Day".

Lions games bore me. It feels like there is no atmosphere in that stadium at all. I can't stand it.

give detroit 10 years and maybe we'll see a good game on thanks giving

fins said:
give detroit 10 years and maybe we'll see a good game on thanks giving

It won't take that long. They're on the verge of being very good right now. Harrington's weapons have all missed time this year (Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, & Kevin Jones). They need to get a pass rusher & some safety help.

Back
Top Bottom