Why Does Our Coach Need A Coach? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Does Our Coach Need A Coach?

wat

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

A very Candid (play on canine for those with little or no imagination) set of expressions & suitable for this thread

Caldwell was, past tense, a HC and it didn’t work out for him. He hasn’t been hired on as a HC again (not the fist time that’s happened to a prior Hc either).

So if he wants to get back into coaching he takes anohter position and hopefully gets noticed to be a HC candidate again- an example could be Jim Schwartz for one-

Not that big a deal and its not like it hasn’t happened before so..

The way I see it, Flores has watched and learned from Belichick as Bill coached games, but never did it himself. Caldwell can come in and help Flores by teaching him when to call time outs, where to use them, red flags, onsides, etc. Caldwell has done it, Flores needs to be better at it to be a successful HC.

The way I see it, Flores has watched and learned from Belichick as Bill coached games, but never did it himself. Caldwell can come in and help Flores by teaching him when to call time outs, where to use them, red flags, onsides, etc. Caldwell has done it, Flores needs to be better at it to be a successful HC.
Caldwell's experience should, no doubt, be a benefit to a young staff, but if Flores doesn't already know how to use time outs, we've made a tremendous mistake.

Caldwell's experience should, no doubt, be a benefit to a young staff, but if Flores doesn't already know how to use time outs, we've made a tremendous mistake.

It still amazes me though how many times we see the misuse of time outs and clock management by seasoned coaches and veterans..

NE at the end of the half in MIa
Saints not running the clock down against the Rams

Etc. we still see it almost every week in the NFL.

I think it was a smart move to hire him to help Mentor Flores. Mentorship is a proven system to help build leaders no matter what business or government entity if the organization wants to succeed. Just because he got the title it does not mean that he has been ordained with the wisedom that is needed.

I like it. Caldwell was pretty successful as a HC. With all of the first time guys in the big roles it will be great to have him here. And if someone sucks at their job - HC, OC, DC he could step in. Good insurance policy though I do believe it’s more the mentoring / bring experience to the staff. Gase sure could have used a guy like Caldwell to let him know his bubble screens were a joke.

ImI really surprised Caldwell was never given another hc job, I thought he built a pretty competitive team every year given the garbage the Detroit front office gave him.

I just want to know high do you have to be to have this thought? I'm kinda stoned, but not this lost.

As long as it works, that's all I care about. I just want to win, how it happens is nothing but details.

I wonder if some on this board are giving too much credit to Flores for the decision to bring in Caldwell. I get the feeling that the ownership/front office realized their errors in Gase free reign and they were instrumental in getting an experienced HC who may not want to jump back into the role right away and would rather serve as a mentor until he is ready to take on another HC job.

Back
Top Bottom