Why doesn't everyone complain Brady still under center up by 40 plus points at the end of the game? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why doesn't everyone complain Brady still under center up by 40 plus points at the end of the game?

Brady is a greedy bastard. Dude never wants to give up snaps even in preseason. New England has been doing this for years letting Brady play out games well past garbage time. Brady wants to pad his stats and records as much as he can so that they can never be broken once he finally retires. I remember in 2007 New England went for it (and scored) on 4th down vs the redskins up 45-7. Redskins were obviously pissed, I’m surprised no one just flat out went after Brady’s knees .

I was pissed when I was coaching a new 12 year old boys basketball team and the team that played down in competition to "win the championship" would run up the score on us. These are grown men, professional athletes and coaches... at that level if you prefer not to be completely humiliated, try being competitive.

Brady has accepted less than market value for his services for a while now. The Patriots also contract a company owned by Brady (or in which he has a financial stake). The accusation has been that the Pats 'underpay' Brady to ease the burden on their cap while making up the difference by awarding his company work. Brady gets the same amount of money but only some of it counts against the cap. Allegedly.

Brady has accepted less than market value for his services for a while now. The Patriots also contract a company owned by Brady (or in which he has a financial stake). The accusation has been that the Pats 'underpay' Brady to ease the burden on their cap while making up the difference by awarding his company work. Brady gets the same amount of money but only some of it counts against the cap. Allegedly.

I knew that they were paying him below market value but wasn't aware his company was so deeply involved with the Pats. Thanks.

If that would be a player from any other team that team would have been fined and dodged draft picks for violating the cap rules.

What ever that company is doing is working, Brady looks 30-35 and play's like he is in his late 20's

I knew that they were paying him below market value but wasn't aware his company was so deeply involved with the Pats. Thanks.

If that would be a player from any other team that team would have been fined and dodged draft picks for violating the cap rules.

exactly. always said i dont know why my hornets dont to this with players and the jordan brand. the thing is we are not untouchable, if jordan owned the lakers i could see this **** flying

Good luck with that. LA talking heads (Cowherd for example) romanticize Brady. Yesterday, I had Colin Cowherd's show on as background noise and heard him say Brady has now lapped (not surpassed, but lapped) Wayne Gretzsky and Michael Jordan as the best athlete of all time lmao.

NY media is not going to waste time with Brady now, they are in a panic between the Jets debacle & Gase uncertainty, Eli's retirement, Daniel Jones, ohh ya and the Dolphins!!

On a side note, it has been hilarious seeing guys like Mike Greenberg on Get Up or Rich Eisen (both Jet fans, btw) cry about the Dolphins tank. Every day they have another guest on to say how horrible Grier is. Greenberg wants them punished, Eisen wants the Jets to keep Darnold on the bench all year (no joke), tank harder, and then trade Tua to the NFC for a ton of picks. That is how mental they are going. At least we knew a tank was coming, the Jets are actually trying and their fans had high hopes for this year.

I just don't get how so many were blindsided by Gase being crap in NY. I get how Dolphins fans fell for it, but what exactly did they see that they liked after his tenure here?

I just don't get how so many were blindsided by Gase being crap in NY. I get how Dolphins fans fell for it, but what exactly did they see that they liked after his tenure here?
There were posters on this very site, ostensibly Dolphins fans, who thought Gase was going to set the league on fire in NY now that he had a QB. That’s after seeing the crap job he did here in Miami— although I guess they put all the blame on the human spare we had at QB. So I’m not surprised the fans of his current team are going to be optimistic to the point of delusion.

But the positive sentiment was hardly unanimous and it’s quickly evaporating now that the NY fans are realizing that they have more issues than just an injured starting QB.

Back
Top Bottom