Why Doesn't Miami Trade A Wr? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Doesn't Miami Trade A Wr?

I forgot about D Jones.. Wow where the Fk has my head been this offseason? Disregard my previous post, I'm obviously still living in the past.

I’m sure someone has already pointed this out but 3 of our WR’s are coming off injury. Makes zero sense to trade any WR at this point. The trade deadline is your only chance to get above market value.

This isn't a bad receiving unit, but I'm not sure how much you'd get for say a Parker at this point. Now, if Parker plays well maybe he adds value come the trading deadline. Stills might get the team a 4th, but I'm not sure that would be a good trade. Grant is coming off an injury so there's no trade value there right now.

This isn't a bad receiving unit, but I'm not sure how much you'd get for say a Parker at this point. Now, if Parker plays well maybe he adds value come the trading deadline. Stills might get the team a 4th, but I'm not sure that would be a good trade. Grant is coming off an injury so there's no trade value there right now.
The only receiver with any real trade value is Stills. You could possibly get a #3, but he also happens to be our most dependable wideout, so I would not even consider it.

I think some are overvaluing Stills. His production has been lackluster his entire career. Maybe a playoff team desperate at the trade deadline, other than that I don't see any team giving up much for him.

I think some are overvaluing Stills. His production has been lackluster his entire career. Maybe a playoff team desperate at the trade deadline, other than that I don't see any team giving up much for him.
Is calling him a solid #2 overvaluing him? I beleive that is the concensus around here, and his contract is also in line with that assesment.

Their current trade value < What's worth just to keep them and see what happens.

For all we know Rosen is the real deal and we just traded off Stills for a 4th rounder. Not the end of the world, but it's still prime talent we gave up for a 3rd day pick.
Maybe the light finally stays on for Parker. If it does, it's worth keeping him than shipping him now when his value is low.

Golden Tate and Demarius Thomas were traded for 3rd and 4th rounders at the deadline. I don't put Stills in that value range.
Sorry, i thought you meant "overvalued" in a general sense, not as it related to percieved trade value.

Locke, I don't know why they'd do it, probably wouldn't, especially with Parker's reputation for being soft and always having some sort of injury that's slowing him down. Main point is to not give up former #1 picks for day 3 draft picks. I'm so tired of seeing this team buy high and sell low that it's absurd. The deal we made for Rosen was finally a bunch of value and potential for short money. That might be a sign that we're going to be smarter from now on, I sure hope so!

Back
Top Bottom