why dont the dolphins get respect? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why dont the dolphins get respect?

finman006

4th qtr. clutch
Reaction score
im a huge dolphins fan and ive never understood why the dolphins boasting a great winning percentage and great solid play are never as represented as other and many times worse teams. examples include highlights, merchandising everything...drives me crazy. i usually listen to the other more knowledgeable fin fans speak...but i wanna hear about this one.

media

:monkey:

Actually, the 'Fins are one of the top teams in the league every year as far as merchandise sales go and, as far as not getting the preseason SB respect I believe there's a pretty obvious reason for that: we haven't earned it yet.

I'm as excited about this season as anyone here but lets face it, for the past five years the 'Fins have been pre/early season power poll favorites only to show up as paper dragons come December/January. Until our boys actually start: a) convincingly winning some meaningful games, b) winning more than losing in the last half of the season and, c) winning deep into the playoffs or winning the SB, the respect will not be there.

Just remember, respect is earned not given.

I would rather that nobody give us any respect. It's easier to sneak up on people. I wouldn't want everyone ballyhooeing that we're going to be in the Superbowl, then more teams will be up for us to try to knock us off.

i think respect gets flushed down the toilet when a team gets into the playoffs when its all on the line and just gets blown out...ie jacksonville denver oakland baltimore....none of these games was ever in doubt who was goin to win. when ur embarrassed in the playoffs so many times in a row why should anyone give us respect. when the playoffs come its time to kick it up into another gear, and we've blown the clutch alot lately. winning % in the regular season really means nothing.

go phins :) superbowl or not this team needs to find that next level when we get into the playoffs

Originally posted by Iron Man
I would rather that nobody give us any respect. It's easier to sneak up on people. I wouldn't want everyone ballyhooeing that we're going to be in the Superbowl, then more teams will be up for us to try to knock us off.

AGREE

Who would buy merchandise with the colors teal and orange on them. The Dolphins don't get the respect because people are bored with them. Everyone is able to predict that they will finish between 9-7 to 11-5 and get blown out in one of the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. Where's the excitement in that?

Yes...you're right...wheres the excitement inknowing we will make the playoffs...yes we have failed...miserably in the playoffs...yes...we may lose a game or two in the latter part of the season that we should have won...Gee I just wish I could root for a time that MIGHT make the playoffs...or MIGHT go 3-13...or even better 8-8...that being instead of sucking straight out of the gate...they tease you...make you think they are special...When they really are NOT.

:lol:

Puh-lease....you wanna talk about merchandise sales going in the can...wait untill those new jerseys of yours go on sale to the public.

buffalo chokers................

"Who would buy merchandise with the colors teal and orange on them"..................

well buffalo boy, about 40x more people buy finz gear than barffalo crap. i mean really, when you think bills, you think biggest all time nfl chokers, you think losers. wheres the exitement in that? i mean in reality, i think it's a lot more exciting to be predicted at 11-5 than 4-12 like the jills! people don't buy bills gear outside of buffalo because frankly, nobody wants to be associated with a team that under achieves so much.

every once in a while you will see someone on a buss bench or begging for change down town and they will have some grimey piece of bills gear on, but i think it's just discarded stuff they get at good will stores.

:monkey: on the bills!!

"Puh-lease....you wanna talk about merchandise sales going in the can...wait untill those new jerseys of yours go on sale to the public."

I know for a fact that they will sell twice as many jerseys this year that they sold all of last year. I happen to think the new jerseys are very good looking jerseys. I was there and the white ones are nice! I can understand your bias being a phins fan and your jealousy because of your gay teal and orange jerseys.

Come on now, are you guys running out of things to diss on? It makes sense, since there really are no real holes on this Dolphins team to diss on, why not make fun of the jersey?

I hear you BMarion...but these guys have been dissin' our uniform colors for a LOOOONG time...but you know what amazes me the most is the fact that they all think we wear teal and orange...Teal is a shade of blue (Jaguars, San Jose Sharks)...we wear aqua green with orange....So they obviously must be color blind, but who could blame them...the unis are pretty much a basic color scheme of most other teams...Maybe their designers couldn't come up with something original and decided to copy the most common high school teams colors....:evil:

The new jerseys may not be the most original but they do look good! Your jerseys at least are old school, and very original but I seriously don't like your colors at all, and that is probably the reason no one copies your jerseys.

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
The new jerseys may not be the most original but they do look good! Your jerseys at least are old school, and very original but I seriously don't like your colors at all, and that is probably the reason no one copies your jerseys.

Well that's not the case in the Wash. DC area..it's amazing because these people are such die hard redskins fan...but you can find so many dolphins fans here.. miami came here to play way too long ago..the stadium was packed with Teal and Orange.. and I still see phins jerseys all the time..So Miami colors are defintely liked here...I don't see a lot of Bufalo anything here. Matter of fact I'm not sure I've seen a Buf jersey ever..in DC.??
Mmmm I wonder why that is?

I am sure if you went to a redskins bills game you would see some Bills jerseys there.

Back
Top Bottom