Tampa gets:

1st round 2nd pick

We get:

1st round 5th pick
2nd round pick

so we can draft:
1st: Cedric Benson
2nd: Jason Campbell

Not enough. Tampa has to throw in a third rounder as well...they have two of them. Only getting a second and their first is'nt value. Saban will get the third or not trade the pick but at this point I have NO idea what the hell is going on anyway...

Also, we could luck out and Ronnie Brown could still be there for us. I'm not convinced that Chicago will take a runner at #4. That being said, if Brown is gone at #5 I think Nick will take Cadillac over Benson.

I also don't like Campbell. I'd go defensive tackle of safety with a second rounder and grab a q.b (Walter, Greene) in the third.

unifiedtheory said:
Not enough. Tampa has to throw in a third rounder as well...they have two of them. Only getting a second and their first is'nt value. Saban will get the third or not trade the pick but at this point I have NO idea what the hell is going on anyway...

Also, we could luck out and Ronnie Brown could still be there for us. I'm not convinced that Chicago will take a runner at #4. That being said, if Brown is gone at #5 I think Nick will take Cadillac over Benson.

I also don't like Campbell. I'd go defensive tackle of safety with a second rounder and grab a q.b (Walter, Greene) in the third.

but Jason Campbell is better than Green so why not go after the better player

Not everyone here is sold on Campbell. It takes him too long to read defenses. I think if the deal is done it would be our #1 for their #1,#2,and #4

weisdolphins said:
but Jason Campbell is better than Green so why not go after the better player

Because we want value. We NEED a young defensive tackle and/or a young safety. If we could get a premium prospect at one of those positions and still get a young q.b. in the third I'd prefer that.

Back
Top Bottom