Why draft O Line over WR? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why draft O Line over WR?

It's definitely going to be interesting that's for sure, I also didn't see as much of Sewell as I did Slater. From what I seen I take Slater over Sewell, Slater absolutely faced more NFL ready talent. Hell his performance against Chase Young was quite impressive. But I don't like either at 6, now if we traded back with Denver at 9 I wouldn't be disappointed with Slater or Sewell, but I personally would rather have Parsons or Waddle if that was the case and they're still on the board.
Beat me to it.

I realize the risk with MP, but I also see the possibilities.

By the way, I'm actually warming up to Waddle.

I can see him being very effective from the slot. Just don't know that I want a slot @6 either.

Luv ya Danny. If I owned a team, you can run my draft.......lol. We might not win, but it would be exciting offense.......
I have liked Waddle all along and I would not be upset at all if he is the Dolphins pick at 6. I am excited with that pick because the Dolphins have the opportunity to select a number of players who can come in and become an impact player immediately.

I have liked Waddle all along and I would not be upset at all if he is the Dolphins pick at 6. I am excited with that pick because the Dolphins have the opportunity to select a number of players who can come in and become an impact player immediately.
Maybe I'm putting too much emphasis on the #6 spot. It is, after all, "house money" at this point.

Beat me to it.

I realize the risk with MP, but I also see the possibilities.
I think Parsons is going to be really special, I know generational has been thrown around a lot this draft, and for argument's sake it's not out of the realm to think that Parsons could be the most "generational" talent in the draft. One thing that is for sure is that he is the best linebacker and it's not even close coming out of this draft. Of course it's always a crap shoot but I've not seen a linebacker that has been as pro ready as Parsons since Patrick Willis.

Keep in mind KC was missing both their starting OT's in the SB

That's my point! Even a great QB with geat weapons looks average to terrible(see Brady/Manning) when they're under duress and get hit.

Some 'experts' say he could drop to us at #18 because of "character concerns" and being the ring-leader of a hazing incident, I believe, as a freshman in HS..so idk. We'll see!
Where does this come from? Lol I haven't heard a thing about omg a HS incident....

You can't compare losing your two starting OTs going into SB to developing rookies. Redicilous comparison in my eyes.

Reading is fundamental...try again!
My point is in support of OL play and building.

Reading is fundamental...try again!
My point is in support of OL play and building.
Nope. You made a redicilous comparison. Play it off all you want, it's not even remotely comparable.

The More You Know....

One great O-Lineman won't fix the whole line, either, though. And we just drafted THREE last year in the 1st, 2nd and 4th rounds..

Your OL is only as good as it's weakest link.
I'd submit the majority of our OL problems came from the interior.
I'd also submit because of the nature of the OL and having to play as one unit when one guy sucks it can make everyone look bad.

Some 'experts' say he could drop to us at #18 because of "character concerns" and being the ring-leader of a hazing incident, I believe, as a freshman in HS..so idk. We'll see!
That has been the narrative at times. I think it has been overblown to some degree.

I did a lot of dumb things as a teenager, but wised up fast when the real world smacked me in the face.

I would be more concerned if it was a issue of abusing women, gang affiliation, etc., rather than testosterone charged boys in a locker room.

Back
Top Bottom