Why Eric Rowe Gives The Dolphins’ Secondary The Best Chance To Succeed In 2019— A Film Study | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Eric Rowe Gives The Dolphins’ Secondary The Best Chance To Succeed In 2019— A Film Study

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usa_today_11291539.0.jpg

Much like he did with his coaching staff, Flores looked for players that he, or his staff, may have coached in college or professionally. One player Flores was very familiar with was Eric Rowe. And when Miami inked Rowe to a 1-year deal worth $3.5-million guaranteed, one thing was very clear. Rowe would have an opportunity to prove his worth on a new roster, as the team’s inevitable #2 defensive back.

Let’s take a look at Eric Rowe and what he can bring to the 2019 Miami Dolphins.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/6...-secondary-the-best-chance-to-succeed-in-2019

I don’t care who steps up, him or Tankersley (unlikely with his current health) but someone needs to give us just average play at that #2 cb spot

Our depth for outside corner is pretty rough ... if X goes down we will be in big trouble. At least we have some young guys who could man the slot if McCain were to get hurt

Should be interesting to see how this develops. If Tankersley returns to his rookie form it could be a good battle. That's if either or both can stay healthy.

Definitely depends on how they use the secondary. Their literally the only hope of being a top 10 unit on the defense. Maybe even the team.

He showed promise his rookie season. No one said he was headed to the Pro Bowl.
I don't remember it that way, at all.

He is far more physically gifted than Lippett was, yet Tony was a better corner.

Any time Tank was in man, there was a 50/50 chance if a flag being thrown. That also happens to be the "knock" on him, when he came out.

I know he was a rookie, but his technique blew, and I haven't had any reason to believe that has changed.

Tanks rookie year showed promise and a unexpected willingness to put his body on the line to stop the ball in contain. Well he was more willing than expected let’s put it that way.

His sophomore year was nothing more than a disaster. And that was before he was lost for the year.

Back
Top Bottom