Why Gruden and Cowher? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Gruden and Cowher?

Blake the great

Active Roster
Reaction score
Yes they are big name coaches but I really dont care for either. Especially Gruden, dude absolutely sucks with QB's. Tony Dungy built that Tampa Super Bowl team and Gruden could never rebuild. Tampa is finally on the rise again, AFTER Gruden has been gone for a few years and AFTER they finally drafted a QB in the first round.

Cowher also sucks with QB's, it took him forever to win a super bowl, after years with average-crappy QB's with names like Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewert, Kevin O conneil and many more. When He finally drafted one in the first round, he finally got a ring.

Both the coaches suck with QB's and im tired of having average-crappy QB's in Miami. No Thanks to either. I would like to give Rob Ryan a shot or bring in Jeff Fisher

Besides being Rex Ryan's twin, what makes Rob Ryan such an attractive prospect? Ross needs buzz and will want to make a big splash, it is the reason why names like Cowher, Gruden and Fisher will be the names you hear the most.

i would definately welcome jaba the huts brother over those two. i'm tired of these big name old guys that come in and are supposed to save the franchise only to run them into the ground where they came from. hair boy did it, parcells did it. who's next??? give the hungry the chance. you know ryan wouldn't give up, and who can turn down the twins in the same division??

Me, Tyler, JCane, Nublar can be the coaches on this team if we draft Luck. The QB makes the coach

If we bring in Cowher is willing to bet he'd do whatever he can to bring in his QB. Whether that be Barkley, Jones or Luck.

No coach who one a Super Bowl with one team has never won a Super Bowl with another team. I supose there is a first for anything.

Then you bring in Jeff Fisher. Who has a worse track record than Cowher.

and Rob Ryan isnt anywhere near the coach as his brother.

No coach who one a Super Bowl with one team has never won a Super Bowl with another team. I supose there is a first for anything.

You suffer from sample size issues. Super bowl coaches don't change teams very often.

we need a new face. we need to find the next Tomlin. If that means Rob Ryan so be it and if anyone else has another young strong candidate feel free to chime in.

Ross wanted a splash with Reggie Bush, and he hasnt been a major factor for us. Big name coaches are overrated, the new great coaches are typically un heard of when they are hired. Sean Peyton, Mike Tomlin, McCarthy, Mike Smith, Belicheck was a no body when he was hired as the head coach. Hopefully we'll find one who will draft a talented QB and have a great relationship together

Yes they are big name coaches but I really dont care for either. Especially Gruden, dude absolutely sucks with QB's. Tony Dungy built that Tampa Super Bowl team and Gruden could never rebuild. Tampa is finally on the rise again, AFTER Gruden has been gone for a few years and AFTER they finally drafted a QB in the first round.

Cowher also sucks with QB's, it took him forever to win a super bowl, after years with average-crappy QB's with names like Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewert, Kevin O conneil and many more. When He finally drafted one in the first round, he finally got a ring.

Both the coaches suck with QB's and im tired of having average-crappy QB's in Miami. No Thanks to either. I would like to give Rob Ryan a shot or bring in Jeff Fisher

You lost a little credibility with your anti-Cowher remarks by saying he had a QB named Kevin O conneil. That was Neal O'Donnell, and he took the Steelers to the Super Bowl.

I just don't think those 2 should be mentioned in the same sentence.

If it means anything at all, and it does to me, Cowher resigned on his own terms and to the chagrin of Steelers fans while Gruden outwore his welcome in TB amongst fans and his players. Since this league is "what have you done for me lately?" driven, Cowher definitely left on top while Gruden left everyone scratching their heads. Not saying the time Gruden has been involuntarily shelved hasn't been beneficial in rejunenating him... and helping him retroactively recognize and correct his shortcomings, but all the hoopla about him IMO is misplaced. If we or any team signs him, he should rightfully tithe half his salary to Tony Dungy.

Back
Top Bottom