Why has no one mentioned this? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why has no one mentioned this?

We must build around Ronnie Brown. Clearly, next to Jason Taylor, he is the best player on this team. We have to get him consistent help from the offensive line to use him at his best. Ronnie Brown is our franchise player, and will lead us to victories.

Time to rebuild that offensive line already. Only one worth keeping IMO is Vernom Carey.

When Ronnie Brown carries the ball 20+ times, we are 3 - 1. I think he's definately a factor when it comes to this offense and don't buy into all the other "fans" who voice their "opinion" by calling this guy a bust because he's not rushing for 130 yards and 2 TD's every game. He needs to be fed the ball 20+ times every time he plays, plus receptions. I'm a supporter and think he's been good for us and will only get better.

As far as him not being a difference maker, it's only a matter of time. I never expected him to rush himself into top 5 RB consideration this season, but I did expect 1,000+ yards and 8+ TD's. I think as he matures, and gets the touches he needs in games, he will be a difference maker.

Dmancari23 said:
Ronnie is not a difference maker. I guess you forget those other 6 games we lost with him in there. How convenient.

I knew I'd see you in this thread.

The ONLY time you show up is to bash Ronnie.

Get back under your rock until he gets back from his injury.

Dolfan11 said:
When Ronnie Brown carries the ball 20+ times, we are 3 - 1. I think he's definately a factor when it comes to this offense and don't buy into all the other "fans" who voice their "opinion" by calling this guy a bust because he's not rushing for 130 yards and 2 TD's every game. He needs to be fed the ball 20+ times every time he plays, plus receptions. I'm a supporter and think he's been good for us and will only get better.

As far as him not being a difference maker, it's only a matter of time. I never expected him to rush himself into top 5 RB consideration this season, but I did expect 1,000+ yards and 8+ TD's. I think as he matures, and gets the touches he needs in games, he will be a difference maker.
Nice stat. I agree 100%.

BLITZKRIEG said:
If we only had Ricky......

PHINZ RULE!!!!

If only Ricky would give a damn. No disrespect to guys like Csonzka, but Ricky is the most talented player to carry the ball for the Phins in team history IMO.

Ronnie + c-pep = Wasted money

I want to see what c pep can do next year though.He will have no excuses then.

Like I said before the game, the Fins needed more than Superman....er....I mean Jason Taylor to win that game. He was a bigger reason for that 4 game streak than Ronnie was.

finserg said:
Ronnie + c-pep = Wasted money

I want to see what c pep can do next year though.He will have no excuses then.
Thank you. If we're going to be "building around Ronnie" we will be in HUGE trouble. He's not a star. He's an average back that was drafted #2 because he was a "workout warrior". Nobody mentioned Ronnie in the top 20 before his combine workout. The worst part of this whole thing is that the year we have to draft top 5 also happens to fall into the year where the draft was probably it's worst in 20 years. 2005 was a horrible draft class across the board. When you sit here and say that the best player to come out of the 1st round is a linebacker, there's issues. NOBODY IN THE LEAGUE FEARS RONNIE BROWN. PERIOD.

Ark139954 said:
There is only one differnce when we beat the Bears, Chiefs, Vikings, and Lions from when we lost to the Jags. Can You geniouses guess? It's Ronnie Brown. For all of you wonderful judges of talent, I would like to point out that the one game we lose in the past five is the one we dont have Ronnie Brown; the guy who doesnt have vision or break away speed, the guy who is just okay. Okay players are people who are noticably missed when they are gone. From my opinion, our offense is ALOT worse without Ronnie Brown. He is able to get the short yardage plays and people fear him unlike Morris.

People fear him? He's solid, but I don't think other teams are scared of him.

Thats just not true

I hate to disagree, but Ronnie was only part of the reason for our success. DEFENSE was a bigger part, and it will be today also. Lookout Brady!!

I disagree, to me, it is the defense and turnovers. Sacks and turnovers have created winning positions for us. Last week, we couldnt get to Gerrard enough to flumix him into a bad game. Our offense went right down the field in the first drive. Joey's INT's are what lost us the game moreso than anything else.

Ronnie Brown I do not believe had much to do with that except that maybe the running yards would have been more, but I do not think Ronnie running style would dictate success against one of the best run defenses in the league.

Back
Top Bottom