Why I believe SB is still possible... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why I believe SB is still possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fins 34 Bills 3

Practice Squad
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
132
Reaction score
0
Why I Believe the Super Bowl is Possible...

I have seen alot of posts asking about Saban hype, realistic results for this year etc etc etc.

One thing we need to keep in mind is this; Napoleon had a great army but was destroyed becuase of poor decision making. Miami has alot of talent, as much as any team in the NFL (save the QB position???). That said, if Nick Saban makes the right decisions on and off the field, there is no reason to believe we can not win a championship this year. It's not as if Saban is coming in to coach a shabby team and totally rebuild. We have good CB's, Bowens and Chester will be back this year, Zach is a s good as any MLB in the league, our DE's are solid, and we added some help on the D-LINE through FA. Now on offense, we added Brown (good for at least 1000 rush and 300 rec), Scott Linehan will open up the deep ball with Chambers, Booker, Newson and hopefully Boston, McMike will be used more no doubt. Opening up the pass/run attack effectively will also help out O-LINE get it together. I know our big "?" is at QB, let's face it no NFL team is solid at all levels, and besides one of our QB's could have a great year with the right play calling and guidance from the coaching staff.

Do I think Miami has a shot at winning it all this year? You bet I do. It depends on our leadership, but I believe talent wise we have what it takes.:cooldude:
 

patsdynasty

3peat bound in motown!
Joined
Apr 2, 2005
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
Fins 34 said:
I have seen alot of posts asking about Saban hype, realistic results for this year etc etc etc.

One thing we need to keep in mind is this; Napoleon had a great army but was destroyed becuase of poor decision making. Miami has alot of talent, as much as any team in the NFL (save the QB position???). That said, if Nick Saban makes the right decisions on and off the field, there is no reason to believe we can not win a championship this year. It's not as if Saban is coming in to coach a shabby team and totally rebuild. We have good CB's, Bowens and Chester will be back this year, Zach is a s good as any MLB in the league, our DE's are solid, and we added some help on the D-LINE through FA. Now on offense, we added Brown (good for at least 1000 rush and 300 rec), Scott Linehan will open up the deep ball with Chambers, Booker, Newson and hopefully Boston, McMike will be used more no doubt. Opening up the pass/run attack effectively will also help out O-LINE get it together. I know our big "?" is at QB, let's face it no NFL team is solid at all levels, and besides one of our QB's could have a great year with the right play calling and guidance from the coaching staff.

Do I think Miami has a shot at winning it all this year? You bet I do. It depends on our leadership, but I believe talent wise we have what it takes.:cooldude:








:roflmao: I have seen some funny posts on here but this one takes the cake!!!

bottom line is you guys have no qb and no offensive line....

come back in 2006 and make that statement and it might be possible..
 

zach13

Mad Dog
Joined
Apr 30, 2003
Messages
8,309
Reaction score
0
Age
53
Location
Miami
Iwould not buy Super Bowl tickets just yet.

Success in football begins at the line of scrimmage

The O-line may have been the worst in the league last year. The defensive line, long a strength, became porous and teams ran against the Fins at will.

Certainly, both of these deficiencies have been addressed, either by a coaching change or by the addition of personnel.

I believe that Saban is making all the right moves for the long term future of the franchise.

However, it remains to be seen whether the changes that have been made will immediately and significantly improve the team.
 

ScuzBox

Rookie
Joined
Mar 14, 2005
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Age
56
Location
Birmingham, England
Winning a division title is going to be tough enough, never mind advancing through the playoffs. Two years fo Saban before we go deep into the playoffs.
 

Waldop

Professional Water Boy!!
Joined
Oct 13, 2004
Messages
510
Reaction score
0
Location
Miramar, FL
Fins 34 said:
I have seen alot of posts asking about Saban hype, realistic results for this year etc etc etc.

One thing we need to keep in mind is this; Napoleon had a great army but was destroyed becuase of poor decision making. Miami has alot of talent, as much as any team in the NFL (save the QB position???). That said, if Nick Saban makes the right decisions on and off the field, there is no reason to believe we can not win a championship this year. It's not as if Saban is coming in to coach a shabby team and totally rebuild. We have good CB's, Bowens and Chester will be back this year, Zach is a s good as any MLB in the league, our DE's are solid, and we added some help on the D-LINE through FA. Now on offense, we added Brown (good for at least 1000 rush and 300 rec), Scott Linehan will open up the deep ball with Chambers, Booker, Newson and hopefully Boston, McMike will be used more no doubt. Opening up the pass/run attack effectively will also help out O-LINE get it together. I know our big "?" is at QB, let's face it no NFL team is solid at all levels, and besides one of our QB's could have a great year with the right play calling and guidance from the coaching staff.

Do I think Miami has a shot at winning it all this year? You bet I do. It depends on our leadership, but I believe talent wise we have what it takes.:cooldude:

Wake up and smell the coffee, for God sake!!! We're talking about a 4-12 team last year!!! They will most likely be vastly improved, but nowhere near ready to go to the Super Bowl!! You might also want to rethink that statement, as long as we have such a tough division to contend with. Saban needs some time to make the adjustments necessary. :yell:
 

MadDawg020

SmartGuy
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
438
Reaction score
0
Location
West Palm Beach
The biggest thing to consider is that everyone will be learning new systems. That in itself will set us back this year. But next year...LOOK OUT!!
 

nyjunc

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
33,755
Reaction score
117
Location
New York
I think Saban is going to be a good HC but the expectations are ridiculous. Let's not forget that Bill Bellichick inherited an 8-8 NE team and in his 1st yr in NE they went 5-11. Give the man a little bit of time, the dolphins simpl,y are not talented enough to compete for the AFC East let alone the Super Bowl. That might change in a year but right now you should worry about getting close to .500 before purchasing SB tickets.
 

Trackstar

Practice Squad
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
1,897
Reaction score
0
Age
36
Location
I'm out
Don't shoot him down so quickly guys. I personally think it is sort of unrealistic to hope for a super bowl next year, but don't jump all over him for being optimistic. You got to appreciate the fans that stay optimistic.
 

Fins 34 Bills 3

Practice Squad
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
132
Reaction score
0
nyjunc said:
I think Saban is going to be a good HC but the expectations are ridiculous. Let's not forget that Bill Bellichick inherited an 8-8 NE team and in his 1st yr in NE they went 5-11. Give the man a little bit of time, the dolphins simpl,y are not talented enough to compete for the AFC East let alone the Super Bowl. That might change in a year but right now you should worry about getting close to .500 before purchasing SB tickets.
With all due respect fellow Dolfans; TALENT SCHMALENT.

Why does eveyrone insist Miami lacks Talent. That statement is non-sensible.

Zach, Taylor, Bowens, Chester, Seau, Holliday, Madison shall I go on.

Chambers, McMike, Brown, Booker, Boston (?) need I say more?

Who does NYJ and NE have in terms of "TALENT"? Get real. Bellicheck has know-how to get the job done with the "talent" he has. He creates over achievers. Saban will take this team of under achievers and succeed.
 

foobitt1

Practice Squad
Joined
Jun 5, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
dude,not only are we going through a complete change in offensive and defensive schemes,not having a proven qb,winning the division would just be challenging enough,we also have the NFL's hardest schedule this year and you are talking super bowl?or are you just really impressed with our fight song?
 

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Dec 23, 2001
Messages
9,591
Reaction score
1
Fins 34 said:
With all due respect, TALENTY SCHMALENT.

Why does eveyrone insist Miami lacks Talent. That statement is non-sensible.

Zach, Taylor, Bowens, Chester, Seau, Holliday, Madison shall I go on.

Chambers, McMike, Brown, Booker, Boston (?) need I say more?

Who does NYJ and NE have in terms of "TALENT"? Get real. Bellicheck has know-how to get the job done with the "talent" he has. He creates over achievers. Saban will take this team of under achievers and succeed.
:ban:
 

SCall13

Finheaven QB
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
13,542
Reaction score
225
Location
Charlotte, NC
MadDawg020 said:
The biggest thing to consider is that everyone will be learning new systems. That in itself will set us back this year. But next year...LOOK OUT!!


OK, I don't think Miami is going to the SB...

But i disagree with you on why. People put WAY too much emphasis on "learning a new system". For one thing, all of these players have been around football most, or all, of thier lives and have seen basically every play possible. Saban has said it himself: "Football plays are football plays, the only thing that changes is the terminology." With the exception of the rookies, and perhaps the free agent signings, our players should and probably already know the terminology. After all the camps and preseason games, everyone will be comfortable with the terminology unless they are just plain dumb. Remember people, these guys do nothing else. They play football. This is their job, their job is to know these plays and schemes and formations,etc. And learning doesn't start at the first camp. It's thier responsibilty to know BEFORE camp starts.
I could rattle on and on. I've played football, from Pop Warner to Semi pro(where we ran a wide open NFL offense) and I learned the terminology and plays, formations, etc. When football is all you do, football is what you focus on and terminology is learned. We may not go to the Super Bowl this year, but it won't because they are learning a new scheme.
 

Motion

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
22,257
Reaction score
0
patsdynasty said:
bottom line is you guys have no qb and no offensive line....

I wouldn't say that, i'd say we do have quesition marks at those positions but I think this coming season will be a perfect example of how much difference coaching and good organization can make. While I do think its a little too premature to talk about the super bowl, I do honestly think we could contend for a wildcard spot.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom