Why I believe SB is still possible... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why I believe SB is still possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fins 34 Bills 3

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Why I Believe the Super Bowl is Possible...

I have seen alot of posts asking about Saban hype, realistic results for this year etc etc etc.

One thing we need to keep in mind is this; Napoleon had a great army but was destroyed becuase of poor decision making. Miami has alot of talent, as much as any team in the NFL (save the QB position???). That said, if Nick Saban makes the right decisions on and off the field, there is no reason to believe we can not win a championship this year. It's not as if Saban is coming in to coach a shabby team and totally rebuild. We have good CB's, Bowens and Chester will be back this year, Zach is a s good as any MLB in the league, our DE's are solid, and we added some help on the D-LINE through FA. Now on offense, we added Brown (good for at least 1000 rush and 300 rec), Scott Linehan will open up the deep ball with Chambers, Booker, Newson and hopefully Boston, McMike will be used more no doubt. Opening up the pass/run attack effectively will also help out O-LINE get it together. I know our big "?" is at QB, let's face it no NFL team is solid at all levels, and besides one of our QB's could have a great year with the right play calling and guidance from the coaching staff.

Do I think Miami has a shot at winning it all this year? You bet I do. It depends on our leadership, but I believe talent wise we have what it takes.:cooldude:

Fins 34 said:
I have seen alot of posts asking about Saban hype, realistic results for this year etc etc etc.

One thing we need to keep in mind is this; Napoleon had a great army but was destroyed becuase of poor decision making. Miami has alot of talent, as much as any team in the NFL (save the QB position???). That said, if Nick Saban makes the right decisions on and off the field, there is no reason to believe we can not win a championship this year. It's not as if Saban is coming in to coach a shabby team and totally rebuild. We have good CB's, Bowens and Chester will be back this year, Zach is a s good as any MLB in the league, our DE's are solid, and we added some help on the D-LINE through FA. Now on offense, we added Brown (good for at least 1000 rush and 300 rec), Scott Linehan will open up the deep ball with Chambers, Booker, Newson and hopefully Boston, McMike will be used more no doubt. Opening up the pass/run attack effectively will also help out O-LINE get it together. I know our big "?" is at QB, let's face it no NFL team is solid at all levels, and besides one of our QB's could have a great year with the right play calling and guidance from the coaching staff.

Do I think Miami has a shot at winning it all this year? You bet I do. It depends on our leadership, but I believe talent wise we have what it takes.:cooldude:

:roflmao: I have seen some funny posts on here but this one takes the cake!!!

bottom line is you guys have no qb and no offensive line....

come back in 2006 and make that statement and it might be possible..

Iwould not buy Super Bowl tickets just yet.

Success in football begins at the line of scrimmage

The O-line may have been the worst in the league last year. The defensive line, long a strength, became porous and teams ran against the Fins at will.

Certainly, both of these deficiencies have been addressed, either by a coaching change or by the addition of personnel.

I believe that Saban is making all the right moves for the long term future of the franchise.

However, it remains to be seen whether the changes that have been made will immediately and significantly improve the team.

Winning a division title is going to be tough enough, never mind advancing through the playoffs. Two years fo Saban before we go deep into the playoffs.

Fins 34 said:

Wake up and smell the coffee, for God sake!!! We're talking about a 4-12 team last year!!! They will most likely be vastly improved, but nowhere near ready to go to the Super Bowl!! You might also want to rethink that statement, as long as we have such a tough division to contend with. Saban needs some time to make the adjustments necessary. :yell:

The biggest thing to consider is that everyone will be learning new systems. That in itself will set us back this year. But next year...LOOK OUT!!

I think Saban is going to be a good HC but the expectations are ridiculous. Let's not forget that Bill Bellichick inherited an 8-8 NE team and in his 1st yr in NE they went 5-11. Give the man a little bit of time, the dolphins simpl,y are not talented enough to compete for the AFC East let alone the Super Bowl. That might change in a year but right now you should worry about getting close to .500 before purchasing SB tickets.

Don't shoot him down so quickly guys. I personally think it is sort of unrealistic to hope for a super bowl next year, but don't jump all over him for being optimistic. You got to appreciate the fans that stay optimistic.

nyjunc said:
I think Saban is going to be a good HC but the expectations are ridiculous. Let's not forget that Bill Bellichick inherited an 8-8 NE team and in his 1st yr in NE they went 5-11. Give the man a little bit of time, the dolphins simpl,y are not talented enough to compete for the AFC East let alone the Super Bowl. That might change in a year but right now you should worry about getting close to .500 before purchasing SB tickets.
With all due respect fellow Dolfans; TALENT SCHMALENT.

Why does eveyrone insist Miami lacks Talent. That statement is non-sensible.

Zach, Taylor, Bowens, Chester, Seau, Holliday, Madison shall I go on.

Chambers, McMike, Brown, Booker, Boston (?) need I say more?

Who does NYJ and NE have in terms of "TALENT"? Get real. Bellicheck has know-how to get the job done with the "talent" he has. He creates over achievers. Saban will take this team of under achievers and succeed.

dude,not only are we going through a complete change in offensive and defensive schemes,not having a proven qb,winning the division would just be challenging enough,we also have the NFL's hardest schedule this year and you are talking super bowl?or are you just really impressed with our fight song?

Fins 34 said:
With all due respect, TALENTY SCHMALENT.

Why does eveyrone insist Miami lacks Talent. That statement is non-sensible.

Zach, Taylor, Bowens, Chester, Seau, Holliday, Madison shall I go on.

Chambers, McMike, Brown, Booker, Boston (?) need I say more?

Who does NYJ and NE have in terms of "TALENT"? Get real. Bellicheck has know-how to get the job done with the "talent" he has. He creates over achievers. Saban will take this team of under achievers and succeed.
:ban:

MadDawg020 said:
The biggest thing to consider is that everyone will be learning new systems. That in itself will set us back this year. But next year...LOOK OUT!!

OK, I don't think Miami is going to the SB...

But i disagree with you on why. People put WAY too much emphasis on "learning a new system". For one thing, all of these players have been around football most, or all, of thier lives and have seen basically every play possible. Saban has said it himself: "Football plays are football plays, the only thing that changes is the terminology." With the exception of the rookies, and perhaps the free agent signings, our players should and probably already know the terminology. After all the camps and preseason games, everyone will be comfortable with the terminology unless they are just plain dumb. Remember people, these guys do nothing else. They play football. This is their job, their job is to know these plays and schemes and formations,etc. And learning doesn't start at the first camp. It's thier responsibilty to know BEFORE camp starts.
I could rattle on and on. I've played football, from Pop Warner to Semi pro(where we ran a wide open NFL offense) and I learned the terminology and plays, formations, etc. When football is all you do, football is what you focus on and terminology is learned. We may not go to the Super Bowl this year, but it won't because they are learning a new scheme.

patsdynasty said:
bottom line is you guys have no qb and no offensive line....

I wouldn't say that, i'd say we do have quesition marks at those positions but I think this coming season will be a perfect example of how much difference coaching and good organization can make. While I do think its a little too premature to talk about the super bowl, I do honestly think we could contend for a wildcard spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom