Why I like Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why I like Saban

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
He didn't do any of these shows. Didn't appear on NFL Network. Didn't appear on ESPN. Didn't talk to anyone.

Screw em all. Play it close to the vest.

That was tough not hearing somebody talk about are picks. God knows ESPN's crew talks about our picks. But again, I like the mystery with him not speaking. Why take the bs.

He's also obviously drafting by his board. Using the ratings that PFW had, we got three players rated in the top 42 with our picks.

He's also playing things safe and going for players that he's familiar with. Ronnie Brown and Channing Crowder are SEC guys, and he's coached against them for 2-4 years. Matt Roth is a guy Nick Saban faced in the Capital One Bowl, but he's also a guy who has been coached by Saban's good friend Kirk Ferentz.

I don't see many things changing for tomorrow. Whoever we pick at #104 will be a player that should have gone much higher according to the rankings. Honestly, it will not surprise me to see Miami take Ciatrick Fason, because he represents tremendous value even though we took Ronnie Brown in the first round.

He talked with Hank earlier on ESPN2. It was good to hear him talk.

KB21 said:
He's also obviously drafting by his board. Using the ratings that PFW had, we got three players rated in the top 42 with our picks.

He's also playing things safe and going for players that he's familiar with. Ronnie Brown and Channing Crowder are SEC guys, and he's coached against them for 2-4 years. Matt Roth is a guy Nick Saban faced in the Capital One Bowl, but he's also a guy who has been coached by Saban's good friend Kirk Ferentz.

I don't see many things changing for tomorrow. Whoever we pick at #104 will be a player that should have gone much higher according to the rankings. Honestly, it will not surprise me to see Miami take Ciatrick Fason, because he represents tremendous value even though we took Ronnie Brown in the first round.

We have so many RB's now though. I can't see us taking another. WR would be nice. DT would be nice. Saftey would be nice.

I just like the fact that he seemed in control. He had a plan and didn't flinch like his predecessors would have. He just gave me a good feeling.

MikeO said:
We have so many RB's now though. I can't see us taking another. WR would be nice. DT would be nice. Saftey would be nice.

Fred Gibson is a possibility at receiver. I just think Fason is such a great value though. This guy has first round talent, and he's still available. Rated #47 overall by PFW. Awfully hard to pass on him.

KB21 said:

To me, he got great value with every pick. All three of these guys carried first round grades at one time. I loved he just chose great football players, instead of getting caught up in who fits where.

KB21 said:
Fred Gibson is a possibility at receiver. I just think Fason is such a great value though. This guy has first round talent, and he's still available. Rated #47 overall by PFW. Awfully hard to pass on him.

But now we are at the point where we could take him and he might not play.

Unless we plan on getting rid of Minor, Gordon, or maybe Morris. I don't see the need to take another RB.

Yeah, let's take C4. We can ditch pothead and Gordon then.

And he isn't mcpherson. I say go for Ciatrick Fason!!!

Back
Top Bottom