Why I think Saban will SUCCEED! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why I think Saban will SUCCEED!

raving

Active Roster
Reaction score
He reminds to some degree of Shula in his prime in this way:

When Shula was great he molded his schemes to maximize the talents that he had on his squad. This makes it so much easier for players to succeed.

Many NFL coaches reverse their priorities, placing their system over their talent, and this leads to inevitable disaster. Wannstadt was a prime example of this kind of myopia!

Saban has had several BIG successes already. He landed the coaching staff that most would dream about. Most came eagerly from other SUCCESSFUL programs. Even if the coaches fall short of expectation their tacit deep respect for Saban is big part of their coming to Miami.

Nick landed several free agents in our price range. He did not get suckered into panicking or creating any untennable deals.

He has been on a break neck course evaluating every college player on and off his radar screen.

He has handled the QB situation masterfully, not over-extended to Feeley nor alienating the guy. He has avoided enflaming a QB battle, nor asked them to be loving of each other (ala D. Bonehead).

Nick is the real deal.

We are all sort of media starved which I think is excellent. Let them all underestimate us. By late October it will a different story in the making.

I agree though its nothing new, great post anyways!!!

I think Saban will succeed because I think every Fins coach will succeed. When Jimmy Johnson was hired as coach I thought he'd succeed because he had proven he could win championships and draft great talent in Dallas. When Dave Wannstedt was hired I thought he'd succeed because he was one of Jimmy's guys and he'd gotten a raw deal in Chicago.

Let's just hope Saban will finally confirm my thoughts on who will be a successful coach on this team.

finsfan4life said:
I think Saban will succeed because I think every Fins coach will succeed. When Jimmy Johnson was hired as coach I thought he'd succeed because he had proven he could win championships and draft great talent in Dallas. When Dave Wannstedt was hired I thought he'd succeed because he was one of Jimmy's guys and he'd gotten a raw deal in Chicago.

Let's just hope Saban will finally confirm my thoughts on who will be a successful coach on this team.

Now that's a true fan..good post.. :D

1. Saban inherits a team that's good already.
2. Last year's O have played together for a year now and should improve.
3. AJ has part of a year under his belt and that should help with his recognition skills.
4. New O, with more options, to include hot reads should help.
5. A real chance to get a RB this time, as opposed to dealing with the Ricky mess.
6. Good coaches on the O side. Still have our Secondary coach.
7. A number of D minds in coaching on this team should help with multiple D schemes, now can the players handle it?
8. The organization is sparing no expense to help Saban..
9. A great personnel guy in Speilman, despite the shortsightedness of fans here to see that. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom