Why Im Cutting Gase Some Slack.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Im Cutting Gase Some Slack....

If this team gets to 9-7 or 8-8 don’t be surprised if Gase gets some votes for coach of the year. Not saying I agree or disagree but I wouldn’t bet against it. Remember, initially Vegas had Miami at 5.5 wins and that was not taking the catastrophic injuries into play.

im done cutting him slack because it has been the same screen/check down offense for 3 years regardless of who was at what position and/or injured. Same exact offense under 3 different qbs.

I dont agree with his style of offense. With a real oc, with a real nfl offensive scheme, these same players (as this season) would have had better results.

We have decent skill players in Stills, Wilson, Grant and Drake...youre telling me you have to run trick plays to generate any kind of offense?

Gase doesnt run an nfl offense, i dont know what the hell it is, ive never seen it at any level.
Best post of the thread.

im done cutting him slack because it has been the same screen/check down offense for 3 years regardless of who was at what position and/or injured. Same exact offense under 3 different qbs.

I dont agree with his style of offense. With a real oc, with a real nfl offensive scheme, these same players (as this season) would have had better results.

We have decent skill players in Stills, Wilson, Grant and Drake...youre telling me you have to run trick plays to generate any kind of offense?

Gase doesnt run an nfl offense, i dont know what the hell it is, ive never seen it at any level.

Correct. I'm sure there are a number of OCs who would LOVE those weapons.

Notice how the Dolphins organization passed up on all the coaches that had heart and some fire in them for boring, stale dudes? Could've kept Bates after his job as the interim coach....instead we got Nick Saban, the ultimate D-bag. After fireball Sparano got canned....we could've hired Todd Bowles who had a history with the fins and loved the team.....nope...instead we got the most boring human alive, Joe Philbin. Could've taken the inexperienced but passionate Campbell.....nope....we took the offensive genius 'guru' that everyone was butt kissing, Adam Gase...who is boring. The team is cursed.

Notice how the Dolphins organization passed up on all the coaches that had heart and some fire in them for boring, stale dudes? Could've kept Bates after his job as the interim coach....instead we got Nick Saban, the ultimate D-bag. After fireball Sparano got canned....we could've hired Todd Bowles who had a history with the fins and loved the team.....nope...instead we got the most boring human alive, Joe Philbin. Could've taken the inexperienced but passionate Campbell.....nope....we took the offensive genius 'guru' that everyone was butt kissing, Adam Gase...who is boring. The team is cursed.

I'd still take Gase of any of those...You really want Todd Bowles?:shrug:

Adams is just a another coach in Miami. BB is not worry about dolphins, jets or bills. as long as fans are still going to game in his stadium and super bowl. Ross is happy.

I think Gase is a decent coach but he needs to give up the play calling while this team has underperformed to what we expected you can’t control injuries. Given our terrible luck one could argue we’ve actually over performed with our replacements. I’d give him another year if he gives up play calling

Why You can't cut slack ...

The extra slack has not been available to cut for over a year.....But then there is a infinite amount of it in some minds..

Most important thing in football is Winning !....scoring more and stopping the other team from scoring...
Involves many aspects that need to be talented enough, work together and led by someone who actually knows what he is doing (preferably done it successfully before and knows)
Some of these leaders see the O-D Lines the place to start....ours haven't learned yet along with to many Fans but thats a lot more understandable (more time add on another year or two)

Well Ross is in charge, so he’ll get plenty of slack. And then hang himself with it.

As bad as we have looked this year... and we’ve looked bad...

Had we won the Bengals and Colts game, we would be 8-4 right now..

With an insane amount of injuries and Brock Osweiler at QB for multiple games..

So, I can cut him some slack..

ever notice Gase during the games? I don't either lol. He kinda just stands there like a statue, no emotion or anything. Its clear that he cant call plays. The guy has to go.

i hate this about Gase.. show "some" emotion.. argue for the next call.. something!!!!!

As bad as we have looked this year... and we’ve looked bad...

Had we won the Bengals and Colts game, we would be 8-4 right now..

With an insane amount of injuries and Brock Osweiler at QB for multiple games..

So, I can cut him some slack..
So the two games that actually posed a legitimate challenge that they lost, the other which posed a challenge (CHI) they won with Osweiler. The rest are trash teams which the dolphins have 6 wins against teams that combined for 26-46. Gotta win games that matter and Gase is not capable of doing that IMO. Beat the Pats, maybe I will start considering it, but right now, no chance.

I can't give any more slack here. It's risky to take an OC and place him on a not very good team and expect results. He did take the team to the playoffs. But every year some surprise team that no one figured on. With Ajayi the freight train, that team was us. After an off-season, the rest of the NFL figures those teams out. Look at Jacksonville this year.
Gase would have done well to go to Green Bay in this next year. His offense and Rodgers would have been great. Coming here, it's just not timed well for his coming into HCing. I've said all along we needed, and still need, a veteran HC to come in here and right this thing. Someone with experience and wisdom at the position. Someone who has been successful in the past.

Back
Top Bottom