why in the #@# is Detroit hosting the SB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why in the #@# is Detroit hosting the SB?

patsdynasty

3peat bound in motown!
Reaction score
I was just wondering this and I wont complain too much if the pats go there again but why is the superbowl being played in detroit in the dead of winter?
why would people want to go there, freeze their asssses off, perhaps get mugged or even worse walking around that city, the superbowl should be played in warm weather cities only.

maybe an exception is new orleans as it is cold there but that city knows how to put on a party, but detroit ?????

Not Dolphins related.

Go ahead and make a joke. "You're right, the Phins won't be in the SB". :rolleyes:

lol it isnt? so you just admitted the phins are not superbowl worthy this coming season?

nice to hear it from u.......

byroan said:
Not Dolphins related.

Go ahead and make a joke. "You're right, the Phins won't be in the SB". :rolleyes:

and cant wait to see your post law isnt coming to miami posts on here soon.....

No sorry. I don't make a thread when there is already 50,000 of them already on the board. Just go away troll.

Ya, the game should definitely be played in a beautiful warm climate that everyone wants to go to like New England right.

Ugh. Who cares where it is played?

no all u do is make a dumb *** sig saying u are on the gimpy law bandwagon......

nice job kid......

Dolfan1000 said:
Ya, the game should definitely be played in a beautiful warm climate that everyone wants to go to like New England right.

Ugh. Who cares where it is played?

i would never say that, they should play it in the following cities.....

miami, tampa, tempe, pasedena, new orleans, houston,
san diego

they SHOULD play in some cold weatehr cities....best games happen in rain and snow...not 80 degrees and sunny

patsdynasty said:
I was just wondering this and I wont complain too much if the pats go there again but why is the superbowl being played in detroit in the dead of winter?
why would people want to go there, freeze their asssses off, perhaps get mugged or even worse walking around that city, the superbowl should be played in warm weather cities only.

maybe an exception is new orleans as it is cold there but that city knows how to put on a party, but detroit ?????
Why are the playing in Detroit? One word, DOME! All they care about is that the GAME has nice weather, and that is why Minnesota has already held the Super Bowl. Plus, the stadium New York wants to hold the Super Bowl in will also have a roof.

patsdynasty said:
i would never say that, they should play it in the following cities.....

miami, tampa, tempe, pasedena, new orleans, houston,
san diego
Yeah, that's normal true but Slappy said it perfectly for the fact it is a new stadium (gives it some hype) and it is a dome which allows weather to not become a problem. Normally Super Bowl's are either going to be in warm weather cities like Miami, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville etc. or they'll put it anywhere else as long as it's a dome. Althought, I believe that in 2010 the Super Bowl will be in New York. No clue what stadium it will be in considering Jets might be getting a new stadium... might move to New York. Could even be a dome. Who knows. But again the reason it would be in New York in 2010 is because it will be a new stadium, it's New York, and it could very well be a dome or retractable roof.

Does anyone have the CONFIRMED list of where the next Super Bowls will be?

2006-
Detroit
2007- Miami
2008- Arizona (new stadium)
2009- ???
2010- New York I believe

Nublar7 said:
Why are the playing in Detroit? One word, DOME! All they care about is that the GAME has nice weather, and that is why Minnesota has already held the Super Bowl. Plus, the stadium New York wants to hold the Super Bowl in will also have a roof.

Actually they also want it to be a greta overall experience for all the fans and media as well. People were freezing in Jax, im sure Detroit wont be any better.

Altho i personally dont care, id much rather spend a week of vacation for the SB in Miami then Detroit.

Back
Top Bottom