Why Intangibles Might Decide Josh Rosen Vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick Qb Battle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Intangibles Might Decide Josh Rosen Vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick Qb Battle

View attachment 22943

The Rosen vs. Fitzpatrick battle looks like a boxing match headed for a decision rather than a knockout. Competition has intensified in recent weeks as Rosen has stepped up his play, but this week we discovered what could be a prime deciding factor: intangibles.

https://www.espn.com/blog/miami-dol...cide-josh-rosen-vs-ryan-fitzpatrick-qb-battle

football mental quickness. Diagnosing Ds. The lack of those two traits have killed many an NFL career
If he can do those, he has the physical tools.

Talking about body language. Remember Marino?
He would yell at everyone if he needed to and did not hide his feelings.

Marino was majorly intense. He was a fiery leader who would get in a lineman's face for missing a block. Flores wants Rosen to be Brady. One play at a time, instantly shake off any adversity and positive body language at all times. Flo is right, all those little things go into the making of a QB. If you're on the road in Green Bay in the snow and it's the 4th quarter and you're down by 6 with a minute left in the game the offense has to believe without a doubt that their QB can and will win the game for them. That's the kind of leader Flo is trying to build. Rosen's getting better coaching than he's ever had in his life and we may see an upside in Rosen that is even better than we hoped for. Or, as we've seen over and over, it could all go horribly wrong. I wonder what Marino privately thinks of Rosen?

AFAIK, there are no details on what body language Flo is talking about. Is it he doesn't want a fiery personality? Could it be he half-heatedly calls a play he doesn't like? Is it something that could tip off a D? If anyone knows the answer, I'd love to know

Marino was majorly intense. He was a fiery leader who would get in a lineman's face for missing a block. Flores wants Rosen to be Brady. One play at a time, instantly shake off any adversity and positive body language at all times. Flo is right, all those little things go into the making of a QB. If you're on the road in Green Bay in the snow and it's the 4th quarter and you're down by 6 with a minute left in the game the offense has to believe without a doubt that their QB can and will win the game for them. That's the kind of leader Flo is trying to build. Rosen's getting better coaching than he's ever had in his life and we may see an upside in Rosen that is even better than we hoped for. Or, as we've seen over and over, it could all go horribly wrong. I wonder what Marino privately thinks of Rosen?

On those rare occasions where the Patriots have a bad game Brady's body language is not good. He mopes around just like others we have seen. It just doesn't happen often enough for folks to remember however it happens in Miami more than any other place :=).

Things used to be different when Marino was playing. These are the days when players get butt hurt over every little thing. I guess as a QB they have to change with the times. Back in the day that QB was in charge but now the WR's think everything is about them and you can't say anything to the O-line guys either.

The last thing you ever want to see your QB do is slump after a negative play. That can't ever happen! NEVER!!!

Poor ****ing Rosen, he was dealt the worst OL in football in his rookie season and got traded to a team who's going to compete for the worst OL spot this season...

I mean its easy for Fitzpatrick to go along like a leader, his career is basically over, he's headed for a nice and comfy retirement in a couple of years... Rosen OTOH is basically playing for his NFL career this season...

How bout 13 or 15 years of nothing but replace me level play deciding it.

Yeesh. Not that hard

AFAIK, there are no details on what body language Flo is talking about. Is it he doesn't want a fiery personality? Could it be he half-heatedly calls a play he doesn't like? Is it something that could tip off a D? If anyone knows the answer, I'd love to know

I think Coach alluded to letting bad plays go.

Like Rosen's body language varied whether the previous play was successful or unsuccessful.

Coach wants him to immediately forget about the previous play and move on. No negative body language following a bad play (or bad series of plays, or bad day, or bad week, lol).

Comparing ANYONE to Marino at his best is beyond silly... Dan was the
single MOST DOMINATE offensive player in the history of the game.

It's not even close for 2nd.

In today's game he'd probably throw for 7000 yards and 60 TDS

Starting Fitzpatrick is a waste of time. They need to see what they have in Rosen before next years draft. If he stinks, we are set up for a top qb pick, if he turns out to be the real deal, we have plenty of picks to put into filling out the roster. Either way, we need to see Rosen play this season.

Try to trade Fitzpatrick to the Eagles for a draft pick, their back up qb situation is in trouble.

Back
Top Bottom