Why Is Anthony Steen Gone? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Is Anthony Steen Gone?

Because they think Brendel is the better prospect. Steen would be behind Brendel and Kilgore at center and Sitton, Davis, Asiata and Larsen at guard. Very uphill battle for him to make the roster.

I think he was the odd man out when Larsen got hurt before the season started and when he got hurt later last year after Larsen returned it made the decision easy to let him stay out. Larsen was one of Gases Chicago boys don't forget and Gases boys always get the first nod regardless of how they play.

Started games in college. Started pro level games in the NFL.. he’s got years of stories to tell people. Another prospective “bust” lol

How much did he even play?

How much did he even play?
Not much, even when he was with the Cardinals he didn't play a game for them, the only time he played was when Pouncey got hurt, Steen is always hut.

Injuries, low ceiling from an athletic standpoint. Dude worked hard, no doubt, but I don’t know if more experience would have covered up his limitations. I say be happy for him. He got to live the dream for a few seasons and he really did make the most of it. Now he can hang up the cleats with enough money to invest in a car dealership somewhere in SEC country and enough youth left in him to recover from his football injuries and tell stories to his kids and grandkids.

Back
Top Bottom