why is everyone down? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why is everyone down?

I don't know. Nick Saban isn't a very good NFL coach. I would be happy if he left.

Big difference. McFadden is a DIFFERENCE MAKER. Ronnie Brown is a so so, not so special, serviceable player. NOT A #2 PICK!!!!!! I wouldn't mind if we drafted him in the 3rd or 4th round, which is where he was originally going to be before he had the combine workout. He's a "workout warrior" and Saban fell into the trap. It happens every year. Some team goes way overboard and picks a player who has no business being picked where he was picked. It just turned out 2005 was our year for that.

i see(respect) what your saying but we disagree about Ronnie.. i think he run's harder than ANY back in the league.. he's good recieving out of the backfield... and he's a hell of a blocker... i believe if we would use him right he'd be one of the top RB's in the league.... i'm glad we didn't get Cedric Benson though... and i was very mad at the Dolphins for not getting him... show's what i know.

All great, but have you really thought of options to replace Saban? Kind of scarey. Name a reall winner that would leave where they are now to coach. Don't say the burnt out Cowher either.

why does everyone keep saying this??? Ronnie has never had to carry the load... but i believe he's plenty capable if we need him to... Morris was out 4 games and no Ricky this year.. he broke his had on a helmet... something that happens very rarely to running backs... besides that he carried the load plenty well to me this year.. when we were able to get him carries.. he put up numbers.

he played with Brandon Jacobs(NYG) and Carnell Williams(TBB) at Auburn... ofcourse he's not going to have to 'carry the load'. Darren Mcfadden slpit time with Felix Jones at Arkansas but no one questions if Mcfadden can carry the load.

(by the way, the Hogs play at 12 tomorow so if you want to see one of the most impressive RB's i've ever seen in college just watch Mcfadden) i'm biased because i'm from Arkansas but just check out a game and you'll see what i mean.:dolphins: maybe he'll be a dolphin one day.

www.myspace.com/jonesforme

i do like ronnie and im not taking a shot at him, but when you invest a #2 overall pick and over 20 mil in guarented money he should be able to carry the load, remember this was sabans guy from the begining.
would you want a qb who can only play well if he is in a two qb system?

I may get bashed for this but im going to speak my opinion. First off let me me state that i dont post much but i have been a phins fan for most of my life....
That being said, why is everyone down on nick saban leaving? I was all for Nick last year and the beginning of this year but after some of his decision making, im not going to be too upset if he leaves. I dont think any dolphins fan can say that coaching has been a strong point for the team this year...And last week vs the jets was a great example. Go for it on 4th and 1, run down the clock some and go for the win. You have nothing to lose. That really killed me but as long as nick is here, that's how it will be. That was not the first time something like that has happend with saban as coach. He coaches to not lose a game instead of coaching to win. There is a big difference. We need a coach that is more aggressive and plays to win.

I was a big fan of Saban's coming out of college, however his personnel moves have been supsect, not only for players, but in his coaching staff...
But what really gets me is that he could care less if this team gets shut out, even if they could prevent it from happening. Last year at Cleveland and this year at Buffalo...We had chances to kick field goals to at least get some points on the board, but he decided to go for it on 4th down for no other reason but to make a point.."I YOU CAN'T SCORE A TD, YOU DESERVE TO LOSE"... I've sent emails to him explaining that long before him and long after he's gone, WE fans will be here, and for him to give so little concern to negative team history makes him a fool....It's bad enough to lose, but to be shutout when we can avoid that from happening in games you've already lost is just moronic...So if he leaves so be it...I just hope we get someone in here that can install a great offensive system.

Peace Out!

All great, but have you really thought of options to replace Saban? Kind of scarey. Name a reall winner that would leave where they are now to coach. Don't say the burnt out Cowher either.
I agree with this. While I am not a big fan of Saban, I think he if he stays he deserves at most 2 more years and get the boot, there isn't ANYONE out there that is attractive. Kirk Ferentz? Whisenhunt? It is pretty scary, but I think they'll find someone worthwhile. I want a young energetic guy that busts his *** and gets the most out of his players like a Mangini or a Payton.

i see(respect) what your saying but we disagree about Ronnie.. i think he run's harder than ANY back in the league.. he's good recieving out of the backfield... and he's a hell of a blocker... i believe if we would use him right he'd be one of the top RB's in the league.... i'm glad we didn't get Cedric Benson though... and i was very mad at the Dolphins for not getting him... show's what i know.
I won't disagree that Ronnie Brown runs hard, but I do disagree that he'll be a top RB in this league. I don't think he possess the vision, health, etc that it takes to be there. He doesn't have the "it" factor. I too, am glad we didn't go after Benson. I really wanted Braylon Edwards. He was the only "stud" in that first 10 picks in my opinion. Now he just needs a QB that can get him the ball.

I honestly hope saban goes. Im not a fan of his decision making. Granted no one thought Brees would have the year that he is having but man, it makes you scratch your head and wonder why we didnt sign him and why the saints staff felt he would be ready to roll. Daunte was forced back and it cost us some games imo. Mike Mularkey is horrible and Saban stays with him all year...even though other teams with offenses better than ours fire their OC when they're not up to par. And its one thing to keep your head up but im tired of seeing saban clap on the sidelines when things go wrong.

Saban is still a rookie in terms of the NFL. He still has alot to learn, but he is one heck of a coach. I think he has been a little too laid back this season also. The first thing I would do is fire Mularkey and get someone in here that knows offense. I agree that he needs to toughen up a little on those flag throws too. The other thing that kills me is his calm on the sideline. He has had alot of tough luck over the last two seasons and needs a break. He has experienced every negative thing that could possibly happen over the last two seasons and needs a break. Hopefully that break will happen soon.

i do like ronnie and im not taking a shot at him, but when you invest a #2 overall pick and over 20 mil in guarented money he should be able to carry the load, remember this was sabans guy from the begining.
would you want a qb who can only play well if he is in a two qb system?

but what has determined that he can only play in a two back system?? have I missed a season of his were he failed to carry the load or something? I remember when Saban drafted him one of the reason's was because everytime LSU played Auburn he would come in the locker room and the whole defense would be talking about how good Ronnie Brown was and how hard to tackle he was.. Nick said they didn't do that with other players.

but what has determined that he can only play in a two back system?? have I missed a season of his were he failed to carry the load or something? I remember when Saban drafted him one of the reason's was because everytime LSU played Auburn he would come in the locker room and the whole defense would be talking about how good Ronnie Brown was and how hard to tackle he was.. Nick said they didn't do that with other players.

when has ronnie shown that he can carry load the that is required for a true number one back?
i agree that ronnie can be a punishing back and he can be hard to tackle. but i was responding to someone saying that we had running back woes. and my point was that our #2 pick should be able to carry the load without ricky.

I must've missed something. 15-16. Enough said. I guess you welcome mediocrity.
Yeah, what you've missed is the crap of a team Wanny left behind.

Is he supposed to create magic? No, it takes time.........

let's see, he took over a 4-12 team and in his 1st year got them to 9-7 and this year endured horrible qb play to win some big ball games. if we could get a solid qb and a little bit better line than it will get turned around. besides who else are you going to get to turn around this program. it's not like elite coaches grow on trees. even the best coaches struggle when they don't have the talent.

about the not going for it on 4th and short. this year the defense has pretty much won all the ball games for us. i don't see any reason why it wouldn't continue to happen while the offense has lost games for us. so saban went w/ the unit that has been successful rather take a chance on getting stuffed again w/ the unit that has been questionable. hind sight is 20/20. if we would have got a turnover or stuffed them down at the 20 than none of this would matter.

saban has also proved to be a pretty good recruiter where guys come here to be part of the team. i don't know if that will continue w/ this years record but you never saw that trend w/ wanny.

Back
Top Bottom