why is everyone down? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why is everyone down?

Yeah, what you've missed is the crap of a team Wanny left behind.

Is he supposed to create magic? No, it takes time.........

that 4-12 team and that 9-7 team had the same core players of the teams that finished 10-6.
i thought that 4-12 season was all because ricky left and we didnt have a good running back to take his place.
so if RB and RW were on that 4-12 team im pretty sure they would have been closer to 9-7 or at least 8-8.
in 2 years saban has not added any real impact players on offense. the best players on this team are still here from wanny.
it doesnt always take time but you should be able to see improvement over two years.
but i dont think it will be good for us if he left. theres noone out there that really excites me. now if he makes another mistake ,like dc over brees , next year then he should be gone

I may get bashed for this but im going to speak my opinion. First off let me me state that i dont post much but i have been a phins fan for most of my life....
That being said, why is everyone down on nick saban leaving? I was all for Nick last year and the beginning of this year but after some of his decision making, im not going to be too upset if he leaves. I dont think any dolphins fan can say that coaching has been a strong point for the team this year...And last week vs the jets was a great example. Go for it on 4th and 1, run down the clock some and go for the win. You have nothing to lose. That really killed me but as long as nick is here, that's how it will be. That was not the first time something like that has happend with saban as coach. He coaches to not lose a game instead of coaching to win. There is a big difference. We need a coach that is more aggressive and plays to win.

I agree...I will not be upset if he left.

Big difference. McFadden is a DIFFERENCE MAKER. Ronnie Brown is a so so, not so special, serviceable player. NOT A #2 PICK!!!!!! I wouldn't mind if we drafted him in the 3rd or 4th round, which is where he was originally going to be before he had the combine workout. He's a "workout warrior" and Saban fell into the trap. It happens every year. Some team goes way overboard and picks a player who has no business being picked where he was picked. It just turned out 2005 was our year for that.

First of all you can't call McFadden a DIFFERENCE MAKER when he hasn't taken a snap in the NFL (see Bush in this his first year). Second, who were you calling for the Fins to take in the draft two years ago? Alex Smith, Braylon Edwards, Cedric Benson, or someone else that would have been considered a reach?

I may get bashed for this but im going to speak my opinion. First off let me me state that i dont post much but i have been a phins fan for most of my life....
That being said, why is everyone down on nick saban leaving? I was all for Nick last year and the beginning of this year but after some of his decision making, im not going to be too upset if he leaves. I dont think any dolphins fan can say that coaching has been a strong point for the team this year...And last week vs the jets was a great example. Go for it on 4th and 1, run down the clock some and go for the win. You have nothing to lose. That really killed me but as long as nick is here, that's how it will be. That was not the first time something like that has happend with saban as coach. He coaches to not lose a game instead of coaching to win. There is a big difference. We need a coach that is more aggressive and plays to win.
Coaching was not the problem this year. Losing our starting QB (or him never really being healthy), an O-line in progress, and a very tough conference were the main reasons we didn't win more this year.
Saban got a bum rap by the Miami media and many fans this year. The whole Alabama story was an absolute joke, and an unecessary distraction. Saban has brought in some great players to an inherited team that was decimated. I'm amazed at how people soon forget what the state of theis team was in Wanny's last year. We were at the bottom of the pile, down there with the Raiders, Lions, Browns and 49ers. Our salary cap situation was perilous at best.
To expect Saban to have come in and be competing for SuperBowls so soon is just unrealitic. He did, however, turn things around significantly -our cap situation is under control and will allow some flexibility, our team has a new attitude that is tougher and more competitive, and the team has a strong core of players that could auger well for the future.
Not having DC at full health really stalled our offense. His health still remains an area of concern, but if he does return to his old form, the Dolphins are looking at one of the top 5 Qbs in the game. Our defense is still a player or two away from being dominant, and there are young players progressing.
Remember what Saban has siad since he got here: It's a process. Be patient.
Happy new year all.

Back
Top Bottom