why is everyone down? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why is everyone down?

samikit13

Golden Flakes
Reaction score
I may get bashed for this but im going to speak my opinion. First off let me me state that i dont post much but i have been a phins fan for most of my life....
That being said, why is everyone down on nick saban leaving? I was all for Nick last year and the beginning of this year but after some of his decision making, im not going to be too upset if he leaves. I dont think any dolphins fan can say that coaching has been a strong point for the team this year...And last week vs the jets was a great example. Go for it on 4th and 1, run down the clock some and go for the win. You have nothing to lose. That really killed me but as long as nick is here, that's how it will be. That was not the first time something like that has happend with saban as coach. He coaches to not lose a game instead of coaching to win. There is a big difference. We need a coach that is more aggressive and plays to win.

I may get bashed for this but im going to speak my opinion. First off let me me state that i dont post much but i have been a phins fan for most of my life....
That being said, why is everyone down on nick saban leaving? I was all for Nick last year and the beginning of this year but after some of his decision making, im not going to be too upset if he leaves. I dont think any dolphins fan can say that coaching has been a strong point for the team this year...And last week vs the jets was a great example. Go for it on 4th and 1, run down the clock some and go for the win. You have nothing to lose. That really killed me but as long as nick is here, that's how it will be. That was not the first time something like that has happend with saban as coach. He coaches to not lose a game instead of coaching to win. There is a big difference. We need a coach that is more aggressive and plays to win.

Not to mention the wussy double-pump, girly throw with the challenge flag!

I havnt been overly impressed with Saban but being a Fin Fan i am willing to give him a couple more yrs to see this team turn-around. 1-6 start, Culpeps injury, Ageing D, Inconsistency on D, Joey doing his best Lions impression, Mare having a mare, poor offensive playcalling, O-Line shuffling, running back woes and dropped passes just about sums up our season.

Saban hasn't done ANYTHING that will make me think: "Wow, I sure do hate to see him go."

Not saying he is a bad coach. But as of now, it's been a very unimpressive short tenure.

and i wish he had the b&lls to fire mike mularkey at some point during the season. Miami scored 6 points in two games against buffalo this year. Very sad.

and i wish he had the b&lls to fire mike mularkey at some point during the season. Miami scored 6 points in two games against buffalo this year. Very sad.

There must be some unwritten law that you cant sack a previous Head Coach midway through the season :confused:

I think he has done a very good job since he has been here.

I havnt been overly impressed with Saban but being a Fin Fan i am willing to give him a couple more yrs to see this team turn-around. 1-6 start, Culpeps injury, Ageing D, Inconsistency on D, Joey doing his best Lions impression, Mare having a mare, poor offensive playcalling, O-Line shuffling, running back woes and dropped passes just about sums up our season.

these are all problems that fall directly on saban.

dc injury he should have known better

ageing d he keeps bringing in older player

joey easnt supposed to be the starter looks bad because of mistake made already at qb

mare bad year not sabans fault

playcalling saban choose the oc should have knew what he was getting

o line and dropped passes are on there position coachs all brought in by saban

running back woes he had the number 2 pick he choose ronnie not saying that ronnie isnt good but when you pick him at 2 you dont count on ricky or anyonr else to soften the load on him

Have I missed something??? When was it EVER printed that he is leaving? That would be all over the news and I haven't read or heard anything.

Unfortunately it takes a little time for a team to get it together after the coaching staff changes. It really doesn't happen over night. We have a different O Cord and D Cord than we did last year (Mularky needs to go. His last name says it all.). We have had 10 different QB's starting. I could go on and on with this list. They all add up to inconsistency. Yes, he has made some questionable calls. Yes, he hasn't got us into the playoffs yet. But, each and every one of us sees the talent that we have. The potential we have. I think Cpepp will be fine when he gets back next year (but I would draft one anyways in the first round). I think another good draft on the O line could help. I think a good WR and FB off of free agency would help. We now have the cap room to play.

I say give the man a chance to get things in place. Quit being so critical of him. He's a good smart coach and has a proven record behind him to prove it. Remember the players have shoulder some of the blame. He can't make them catch the football.

running back woes he had the number 2 pick he choose ronnie not saying that ronnie isnt good but when you pick him at 2 you dont count on ricky or anyonr else to soften the load on him

why does everyone keep saying this??? Ronnie has never had to carry the load... but i believe he's plenty capable if we need him to... Morris was out 4 games and no Ricky this year.. he broke his had on a helmet... something that happens very rarely to running backs... besides that he carried the load plenty well to me this year.. when we were able to get him carries.. he put up numbers.

he played with Brandon Jacobs(NYG) and Carnell Williams(TBB) at Auburn... ofcourse he's not going to have to 'carry the load'. Darren Mcfadden slpit time with Felix Jones at Arkansas but no one questions if Mcfadden can carry the load.

(by the way, the Hogs play at 12 tomorow so if you want to see one of the most impressive RB's i've ever seen in college just watch Mcfadden) i'm biased because i'm from Arkansas but just check out a game and you'll see what i mean.:dolphins: maybe he'll be a dolphin one day.

www.myspace.com/jonesforme

More garbage ranting about Saban. How about deleting some of these threads until we know for sure what is happening? The guy will most likely stay and all these people spewed garbage for nothing. Ugh.

why does everyone keep saying this??? Ronnie has never had to carry the load... but i believe he's plenty capable if we need him to... Morris was out 4 games and no Ricky this year.. he broke his had on a helmet... something that happens very rarely to running backs... besides that he carried the load plenty well to me this year.. when we were able to get him carries.. he put up numbers.

he played with Brandon Jacobs(NYG) and Carnell Williams(TBB) at Auburn... ofcourse he's not going to have to 'carry the load'. Darren Mcfadden slpit time with Felix Jones at Arkansas but no one questions if Mcfadden can carry the load.

(by the way, the Hogs play at 12 tomorow so if you want to see one of the most impressive RB's i've ever seen in college just watch Mcfadden) i'm biased because i'm from Arkansas but just check out a game and you'll see what i mean.:dolphins: maybe he'll be a dolphin one day.

www.myspace.com/jonesforme
Big difference. McFadden is a DIFFERENCE MAKER. Ronnie Brown is a so so, not so special, serviceable player. NOT A #2 PICK!!!!!! I wouldn't mind if we drafted him in the 3rd or 4th round, which is where he was originally going to be before he had the combine workout. He's a "workout warrior" and Saban fell into the trap. It happens every year. Some team goes way overboard and picks a player who has no business being picked where he was picked. It just turned out 2005 was our year for that.

Back
Top Bottom