Why is everyone hopping on the Ricky Williams bandwagon? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone hopping on the Ricky Williams bandwagon?

Raekwon The Che

Check out the grill...
Reaction score
This is getting disgusting. The man hasn't played a game of a football in a year and is still 20 pounds from his old playing weight and somehow we are going to have the most dominent backfield in history :confused: AND we still have an unproven rookie :confused:

Raekwon The Che said:
This is getting disgusting. The man hasn't played a game of a football in a year and is still 20 pounds from his old playing weight and somehow we are going to have the most dominent backfield in history :confused: AND we still have an unproven rookie :confused:
We have an unproven rookie who is a No2 first round pick!!!! good chance of him doing well dont u agree or are u totallly negative? With Regards to Ricky i dont know how he will do but u shud be grateful we havnt got Travis Minor starting for us!! Nice to be positive aint it? oops sorry u wudnt know what that was wud ya! Just be happy weve got 1 if not 2 RB's back that can deliver. Brown is an upgrade.

Raekwon The Che said:

Who knows, we might have a dominant backfield. But it won't be because of Ricky...

Ross

FanMarino said:
We have an unproven rookie who is a No2 first round pick!!!! good chance of him doing well dont u agree or are u totallly negative? With Regards to Ricky i dont know how he will do but u shud be grateful we havnt got Travis Minor starting for us!! Nice to be positive aint it? oops sorry u wudnt know what that was wud ya! Just be happy weve got 1 if not 2 RB's back that can deliver. Brown is an upgrade.
Naw, everyone is talking like our backfield is going to be so productive.

Don't count on RW for much, if anything. Remember, it's not hard for a rookie RB to be solid, if not dominate. Also, we've got Gordon, don't underestimate him, he was injured early last year, he could (should) be pretty good.

Raekwon The Che said:
I dont think we will have the most dominent backfield in history but i do think we could be very good.The new offense will help out alot.I think Ronnie Brown will be a stud rb if he dont get hurt often.

Raekwon The Che said:

You have to look at it this way. The Dolphins got arguably the most coveted RB in the draft and have a RB that ran for 3200 yards in two years. Generally RB drafted in the first round do really well. It's seem to be one of the easier positions to evaluate. A couple of years in the mid 90's hurt this theory though.

Funny thing is, people don't knock players abilities that are coming off ACL tears as much as Ricky. Ricky is fresh and injury free. Sure he's got to get back in playing shape but a year off is nowhere near as bad as it's being made out. He will be a backup carrying the ball 10x's a game. He's not carrying the load anymore.

Why shouldn't we be optimisitc??

It's all a matter of what could be

There is no reason to believe that Ricky can not gain 20 pounds in the next four months. As also noted on this site, experts agree he will ragain his size in time. So then it gets down to just how bad does he want to play. The way I see it is Ricky didn't have to come back. He is back because he wants to play. His good friend Jim Brown has also confirmed this. So there is no reason to expect that Ricky will be anything less than a 1000 yard caliber, perhaps more.

Then all that has to happen is for Brown to live up to his billing and #2 status. Many here thaught he was sure fire stud prior to RW returning, that doesn't change now.

So in the end it gets down to this.

Best case scenario: Ricky does return full force and Brown is a stud. Then you have one of the most dominant backfields in history.

Possible scenario: Ricky comes back as a strong back, Brown is very good and will grow. The result is a top ten rushing attack and we still benefit.

Least likely scenario: Ricky changes his mind, but Brown is the stud he is billed as. We still have a respectable running attack and Ricky is of no consequence, because we were not counting on him anyway. So we really lose nothing by taking him back.

Worst case scenario: Ricky does not return or gets injured. Brown bombs are does gets injured.

So that's it. Either way we have shot at some really top talent in our backfield. The variable in it all is Nick Saban and the coaching staff. I choose to believe they will get the talent in and make it work.

So sit around and complain about your half empty glass. from where I and a lot of people sit, there is plenty to be jacked up about.

I am not on the Ricky bandwagon at all! I don't think he is coming back for the right reasons, and I question whether his heart will be in in the game. He deserted this team once, he could do it again. I pose this question to all the Ricky cheerleaders, what makes you think he has got his lift on track? I think the only reason he is coming back is to work a deal to pay off the 8.6 million, and that's all he cares about! I don't think he gives a rat's @ss about any of his teammates at all!

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I am not on the Ricky bandwagon at all! I don't think he is coming back for the right reasons, and I question whether his heart will be in in the game. He deserted this team once, he could do it again. I pose this question to all the Ricky cheerleaders, what makes you think he has got his lift on track? I think the only reason he is coming back is to work a deal to pay off the 8.6 million, and that's all he cares about! I don't think he gives a rat's @ss about any of his teammates at all!
That was meant to be life on track?

Fin Fan in Cali said:

If wanting to avoid paying the $8.6 million makes him play hard then who cares if he's doing it for the wrong reasons? Look at it this way. Why do you go to work everyday? Maybe you're lucky and enjoy your job and don't need the money. It's more likely you go every day so you can pay your bills. I don't see any difference between that and RW coming back because of the 8.6.

If he goes out and plays like we know he can, I don't think anyone on the team will be concerned with whether or not he gives a rat's @ss about them.

Ricky does not have to come back. He won't make enough to pay back that money unless he produces. Bu this attitude about the money was very cavalier. he really didn't seem care about it.

The reason to feel good about his "head" is first of all he is off the dope. Next is he didn't have to come back. He is back because he wants to play.

Back
Top Bottom