Why is everyone so down on Frerotte? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone so down on Frerotte?

FinaticPatch

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Besides his 02 year with the BANGLES, he had been a solid QB consitently throwing more TD's than INT's. And under Linahans offense he has 2 starts with & TD's 2 INTs and 690 yards not to mention a 118 QB rating. In thoose two games he had 5 passes of 40+ yards, and yes he had Moss but who else. We have a better GROUP now with his OC why wouldnt he succeed?

He's old and isn't a long term fix. I don't know if Feeley is the answer but I'd rather see him start.

byroan said:
He's old and isn't a long term fix. I don't know if Feeley is the answer but I'd rather see him start.

Could he not get the job done for a year or two while we get a REAL QB. I love feeleys guts and intangible but as we saw last year his decision making is horrid. We had a bad oline but a decent QB could have made them look beeter than they were. I give wanny and the line plenty of blame but he was just terrible.

I was exited as anyone last year to come in and take over for fiedler after what I saw in Philly from him but obviously he was just a game manager there and cant go out and win games. Freroote is safer due to his experience and we draft or trade for a QB next year or the following year.

FinaticPatch said:
Besides his 02 year with the BANGLES, he had been a solid QB consitently throwing more TD's than INT's. And under Linahans offense he has 2 starts with & TD's 2 INTs and 690 yards not to mention a 118 QB rating. In thoose two games he had 5 passes of 40+ yards, and yes he had Moss but who else. We have a better GROUP now with his OC why wouldnt he succeed?

let's remember that those stats came 2 years ago all right, last year he only had 1 att

I think signing Frerotte was a SOLID pickup for us because he knows Linehan's system which is pretty good thing, more than some people may give credit for. He could help AJ learn the system or maybe even if we draft QB next year... Frerotte would be a perfect mentor teaching a rookie Linehan's Offensive System. Also, he's a good pickup if AJ isn't our guy this year and we need someone to take over (or replace him)... he's got A LOT of experience and knows the system which is a critical thing for a QB to obtain.

painnotpleasure said:
I think signing Frerotte was a SOLID pickup for us because he knows Linehan's system which is pretty good thing, more than some people may give credit for. He could help AJ learn the system or maybe even if we draft QB next year... Frerotte would be a perfect mentor teaching a rookie Linehan's Offensive System. Also, he's a good pickup if AJ isn't our guy this year and we need someone to take over (or replace him)... he's got A LOT of experience and knows the system which is a critical thing for a QB to obtain.

I agree with you 100%.

The problem isn't necessarily Frerotte, but what it means if he starts is that Feeley isn't good enough. Which would mean we would once again be in the market for a QB next year. We all hope that Feeley amazes us this year so we don't have to worry about the QB position next offseason.

I dont think it is Ferotte as much as it is the QB situation in general. WHen Gus is your starter there is work to be done, and everyone knows that. Ih ope Feeley excells.

Back
Top Bottom