Why is everyone so excited about Boston?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone so excited about Boston??

Phins34

Favorite Player: Sammy Smith
Reaction score
Every single other team in this league has passed on him for basically for free...Even the worst team in the NFL (49ers) passed on him. He just tore his patella tendon, which is even worse than an ACL or MCL. He has had 1 Pro Bowl season and will never be as good as he was then. He has also tested positive for steriods which means he has to be off of them now. They probably contributed to his Pro Bowl season. I'll be surprised if this guy is moderately helpful throughout the season. Everyone is acting like we just signed Randy Moss and that he is the missing link to our offensive woes. Until we get some new guys in here on the O-line, you can throw all the optimism out the window. It will take us at least 2 - 3 more years to become a playoff contender.

We got some depth at WR for the cheapest price possible. Can't ask for more.

because it makes no sense to be depressed when we have been put in this low risk, high reward situation.

Boston is just another weapon for Coach Saban....we are gonna be set at wide receiver. :)

Low risk, high reward potential. Boston has proven he can be a top-3 WR in the league when he's totally healthy and on his game. You put him on the field at full strength with Chambers, Booker, Brown, McMike, and a revamped line, and you got some serious offensive capabilities out there.

boy, you sure posed a stupid question buddy

Mod Note: If you have a problem with another member's posts, notify a mod or state your case in the complaints forum.

Since you evidently weren't listening when you were asked to clean up your style before, I'll give you three days to brush up. Next time, it's for keeps.

P4E

Phins34 said:
Every single other team in this league has passed on him for basically for free...Even the worst team in the NFL (49ers) passed on him. He just tore his patella tendon, which is even worse than an ACL or MCL. He has had 1 Pro Bowl season and will never be as good as he was then. He has also tested positive for steriods which means he has to be off of them now. They probably contributed to his Pro Bowl season. I'll be surprised if this guy is moderately helpful throughout the season. Everyone is acting like we just signed Randy Moss and that he is the missing link to our offensive woes. Until we get some new guys in here on the O-line, you can throw all the optimism out the window. It will take us at least 2 - 3 more years to become a playoff contender.

If there was a good linemen out there we would want him but there isn't. We need a good WR and with all of the guys left I will take my chances on a former pro bowler and 1600 yard 8td reciever for the Cards. Would you be happier if we signed Charles Lee and his 61 catches and 3tds for his career for the same price.. Pats have made a killing of low risk, high reward players..

We have the same exact O-line....I know we got one of the best oline coaches in the game, but you can't make **** smell like roses. Until we get some guys with talent on the Oline, we are going to have the same struggles. Ronnie Brown should be a great player and someone we can build around. The same goes for Chambers and McMichael, but after that we have nothing. We have to build around this guys and it's a good start for saban. I want the fins to turn things around in one year too, but in all reality this is going to be a process im sure, and we will have to be patient.

Im not saying that it wasn't a good move to pick up Boston...He probably was the best out there if he is healthy, but I'm not looking at this Boston pick as straight up lethal as a lot of people on here seem to be viewing it. One guy said he almost fell out of his chair because he was so happy about signing Boston...I mean let's be serious.

Phins34 said:

Well, his first positive test was with the Chargers, two seasons after his PB season. Why is it that he'll NEVER be as good as before ?? You a doctor or soothsayer of some kind ?? The 49ers apparently feel they have the right combo of WRs (I don't see it, though). The OL, and I have said this several times will determine how successful this team will be, there is no doubt...It'll determine if the QBs have time to throw the ball, whether we have any resemblance of a balanced attack, whether play action will work, etc...So that is a good point, but if we go into the season with Thompson as our #3 guy, then we KNOW we won't be any better than last year. While I agree that Boston is far from our "missing link", he COULD add something that we haven't had in many seasons here...three WRs that other teams have to game plan against...The optimism is for that thought alone. If he doesn't pan out, at the cost we'll get him, so be it...The issue will remain to be whether he can stay healthy or not. Besides all that, I'd like to see us get him on the field and playing if for nothing more than to recoup some of the money lost last season on the guy. But again I say...the optimism is brought on by his potential...(as is the case of every player and every change we make during the offseason...

Phins34 said:
We have the same exact O-line....I know we got one of the best oline coaches in the game, but you can't make **** smell like roses. Until we get some guys with talent on the Oline, we are going to have the same struggles. Ronnie Brown should be a great player and someone we can build around. The same goes for Chambers and McMichael, but after that we have nothing. We have to build around this guys and it's a good start for saban. I want the fins to turn things around in one year too, but in all reality this is going to be a process im sure, and we will have to be patient.

We actually will have two new starters: Stockar McDougle and Vernon Carey.

AND Hudson Houck coaching.

Maybe this year.

Because, if Boston were to get his head out of his rectum, he is Pro Bowl stuff, first team. The whole idea with Boston was to get him at the opposite end of the Feeley Cannon and catch touchdown passes, thus freeing up and taking the burden off Ricky. The season starts with Jay under center, Boston on IR and Ricky retired. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom