Why is everyone talking about... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is everyone talking about...

PAR

Practice Squad
Reaction score
the surprise teams in the league when only 4 games have been played? John Madden and Al Michaels were talking about all the teams that were among the best. Well, they mentioned obviously Tampa Bay (with a loss), the Colts (I know these two teams play next week on MNF), the Seahawks, the Broncos, and the Chiefs.

Nowhere did they mention the Dolphins. IMO, save all that talk until a team goes undefeated after 7 or 8 games. Otherwise I think all that talk is meaningless. BTW the 1972 Dolphins, as usual will pop the cork once again this year to preserve the only undefeated season in NFL history. :)

until the phins go deep into the playoffs there will be little positive coverage on the team. frankly, i don't mind. they seem to play better when no one is spewing the greatness of the phins. no press buildup to get caught up in.

Nothing wrong with tv announcers talking about who the best teams of the 2003 season are so far...And not mentioning the fins well i think the Texans had something to do with that.

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1
until the phins go deep into the playoffs there will be little positive coverage on the team. frankly, i don't mind. they seem to play better when no one is spewing the greatness of the phins. no press buildup to get caught up in.

Yeah! I thought about that. It will allow the Fins to creep up with less distractions.

it's anoying to watch a great game like last week against the bills and then excitedly switch to espn only to hear "well, the bills O didn't show up and...ooo yea, ricky ran a lot for a lot of yards"...

but i will take it . maybe the team feels the same and will want to prove all those NY team lovin' sprtscasters are idiots. if we win the the SB and STILL get no coverage....well....

not to compare the two, but miami in '72 was an underdog all year. even against washington in the SB.....

When are most of you going to learn?!!! Quit worrying about what people in the press say about the Dolphins. Let's just go week by week. I could care less what they said about the Bills game. That is a W for us now. My concern is the Giants right now. By the way if you haven't noticed most of the press is wrong about their opinions. I hope we stay under the radar and keep getting wins.

Originally posted by finnred
When are most of you going to learn?!!! Quit worrying about what people in the press say about the Dolphins. Let's just go week by week. I could care less what they said about the Bills game. That is a W for us now. My concern is the Giants right now. By the way if you haven't noticed most of the press is wrong about their opinions. I hope we stay under the radar and keep getting wins.

Couldnt have said it better myself

^
|
|
|
Exactly

I would rather have something to prove every week than to sit on our buts thinking we will win just by showing up. Hell that was the biggest problem with week 1. I don't care what any writers/commentators say. JUST GO WIN BALLGAMES!

You know, if the Dolphins had beaten the Texans and were 3-0, what would the press be? "Well, here's another hot start for the Dolphins, but just wait until December, they will fade....." Would you rather hear that, or have little coverage? I vote for the latter. I wouldn't mind if the team flew under the radar for a while, then finished huge in December for once and knocked everyone off in the play-offs. Guess it remains to be seen if that will happen.

My sincere hope is that Miami plugs along atop the division and all year long people keep saying we'll fade in Dec. We keep winning and then they say we'll lose in the playoffs. Finally, they'll say we'll never win the SuperBowl. After winning it all, they'll say we got lucky or played an inferior opponent or that we'll never repeat b/c we have an inferior QB. Then next season...

Originally posted by PAR
the surprise teams in the league when only 4 games have been played? John Madden and Al Michaels were talking about all the teams that were among the best. Well, they mentioned obviously Tampa Bay (with a loss), the Colts (I know these two teams play next week on MNF), the Seahawks, the Broncos, and the Chiefs.

Nowhere did they mention the Dolphins. IMO, save all that talk until a team goes undefeated after 7 or 8 games. Otherwise I think all that talk is meaningless. BTW the 1972 Dolphins, as usual will pop the cork once again this year to preserve the only undefeated season in NFL history. :)

THANK GOD!!! Good press for the Phins is always worth a couple of turnovers and missed blocks the following week. I love the Phins and their players, but I have to say that they have got to be some of the most media sensitive players in the NFL. I swear, if SI printed a story on Friday that the Phins had already won the game against the Giants, half the team wouldn't show up for the flight to New York.

Yeah the Fins rave about the spotlight, just think about Madison. Last year he was bothered by his teammate's wife campaining for him to go to the Pro Bowl.

Stop listening to the media and live up to your potential !

I am happy no one is talking about the Fins. Last year everyone talked about us and then after people said we were going to the SB, we would lose our next game. The lack of attention is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom