Why is Ireland part of interviewing Fisher? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is Ireland part of interviewing Fisher?

VaPhinatic

Active Roster
Reaction score
I was thinking about it -- Fisher can go to St Louis and possibly Indy/SD and handpick his GM or at least have final approval over players.

What if he says to Ross, "I want final approval over player selection (draft and FA) and the active roster."

Is Ireland going to sit there and give up his power and say, "Okay. No Problem, Jeff. You can have final say" ?

I don't see that happening, so no matter how much money we offer, we are probably screwed on Fisher.

He will simply take our offer and shop it to St. L and Indy.

Because we have an idiot for an owner who has no business running NFL Franchise.
Chubbs

no i disagree fisher will have final say over personal in miami even with ireland there.

If they are to work together do they not sit down and talk? If anyone is going to give final say to personnel is going to be Ross not Ireland.

Nothing special here... just the everyday running of a franchise.

No need to invent drama.

Because from Ross's and probably Carl Peterson's standpoints, Ireland is a fact of life - for better, or probably worse.

If Fisher can't get over that or strike an understanding where autonomy extends and stops, it's a mutual waste of time. While preferring to see someone other than Ireland however, I have cooled on the idea of Fisher vs alternatives like Billick, to a point where either way for me it's not a real biggie.

2 heads are better than 1, if in this case only marginally, and you don't get to OWN an NFL franchise by being an idiot.

Ireland is "background check" guy, you know, the guy to find out if you did drugs or if your mom sleeps around for money.

Ireland is no more than a useful idiot at this point. He carries the groceries to the car and hold open the door.

I wonder if he's gonna ask fisher if his mother I a prostitute

When people throw around terms like "overrated" or "idiot" it implies that they think they can do a better job.

Seriously, you have NO clue what goes on behind the scenes, so don't pretend that you do. You wouldn't have the slightest inkling of what Ross is like as an owner or boss, nor what kind of person Ireland is.

Quit trying to be know it alls and discuss what actually matters. Pretty easy to point the finger when: you are sitting behind a computer screen, think that your mindset of football related ideas means jack ****, and/or hate your job/life so you need to bash someone else's profession or pedigree.

Stop.

Back
Top Bottom