Why Is It That | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Is It That

wynnejr

Scout Team
Reaction score
if someone comes on this site and wants to post something about our beloved Dolphins and it has MAYBE been posted before that their are always a few peeps that have to rip someone and make such negative comments. I understand that alot of people live and die this site(like myself) and read most posts, but when people may repeat or discuss something about our team there are those certain few that are constantly negative. We are all fans and I understand this is probaly going to get a "negative reaction", bit it really gets on my nerves when those few are steadily !!!holes. Lets all be glad we have this site and stop ripping the ones who just wanna talk about the team that we love. I, like most here was always taught if you don't have anything nice to say, Don't say anything at all... Thanks and GO DOLPHINS:confused:

I agree. Its one thing when its something thats been completely beaten like a dead horse for days but as long as they are just trying to talk phins football i dont have a problem with it.

unfortunately you're, mostly, preaching to the choir....but there will always be the exception to the rule....or a bad apple...or whatever term you want to use. So for those....I just ignore what they have to say, lol.

I kinda feel out of line talking about it, but I'm on here everyday and it seems like its getting worse.

actually it's probably not. However as the number of users on here has skyrocketed the last couple of years....the % of "negative" posters has probably remained the same....which means more overall users and posts (quite obvious by the million threads started routinely) and conversely more negative posts.

Quite true, there are a few members who like to undertake the role of being enforcers, but at the same time is it really that hard to scroll down the message board to see if the topic has already been discussed??

It's not that hard to use the search feature. Besides, do you want to know how many threads I personally merge in a day that have identical subjects already posted ON THE FIRST PAGE? Like right there where you couldn't miss them.

And don't get me started on the threads I have to move because they are posted in the wrong forum...

;)

What Nabo said...

I don't really have a problem if someone posts something that's been posted if it's fallen off the page. Ideally, the search function should be used so that you can add to the discussion rather than duplicate it.

I have, however, many times merged threads that were obviously about the same exact subject as the post right below it. I can see duplicating breaking news and whatnot within a couple of minutes, but a lot of the threads have been hours after the fact, and with 4-5 pages of discussion in the existing thread. Those situations are frustrating, to be sure.

As far as the people who feel the need to post in a thread with "merge" or a link... or give someone a verbal dressing down, I've never really gotten that either. If the repeat post offended the person that much, perhaps they should have just reported it and requested it get merged. :D

Back
Top Bottom