Why is Laird not getting touches? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is Laird not getting touches?

You people are hilarious.

You guys see that Kenyan Drake sucked behind this oline. Kalen Ballage sucks behind this oline. Laird and Gaskins sucked behind this oline last game.

... and you still blame Ballage?! it is the ****ing crappy oline! This is the worst running oline in football. We are the worst team in football but even our defensive line is much better than our offensive line is.

Stop the bullshit. Even Aaron Rodgers couldnt win with these scrubs blocking for him.

Scrubs also applies to our crop of RB's

When I watch Ballage run I see him going down on first contact, poor vision and he rarely falls forward at the end of his runs which probably bothers me the most.

When I watch Ballage run I see him going down on first contact, poor vision and he rarely falls forward at the end of his runs which probably bothers me the most.
This was his same reputation in college ya gotta wonder do our scouts even read the scouting guides.

This was his same reputation in college ya gotta wonder do our scouts even read the scouting guides.

It is disturbing! But if there is one position this Dolphins organization has been good at finding talent then it's at the RB position.
They've done enough that i trust whomever they decide to bring in next season.

If you can stomach it, go back and watch the tape on Ballage, he is constantly missing holes or cutbacks that could turn nothing into something. He either sucks, or the coaches are telling him to go into the pile. It's mostly the first choice IMO

It's amazing watching other teams' running backs, like another planet watching Derrick Henry in the 2nd half last week

Yes. That's why he was picked in the 4th round (131 overall).

With his size and speed, some coach is going to think they can work with him, and he will ultimately correct some of his flaws and become a productive player.

Hasn't happened yet, but perhaps it was worth the gamble at that point in the draft.

The one thing a lot of teams fall into is they see s back with Ballage's size and speed and think they can coach him up. Hell one of the plans Gase originally envisioned was being able to put Drake and Ballage out on routes from the slot or outside because the feeling was those two would be huge match up nightmares for whoever covered them.

Some people who had a lot of pull saw Matt Forte potential.

I think we're going to see that now, especially with so many receivers out. Laird is a pretty good receiver out of the backfield. Much more upside than Ballage.

Yes. That's why he was picked in the 4th round (131 overall).

With his size and speed, some coach is going to think they can work with him, and he will ultimately correct some of his flaws and become a productive player.

Hasn't happened yet, but perhaps it was worth the gamble at that point in the draft.

Can you teach vision? Instinct for blocking? Timing? Anticipation?
Toughness and not embrassingly, at your size, getting tackled by the first defender?

Can you teach vision? Instinct for blocking? Timing? Anticipation?
Toughness and not embrassingly, at your size, getting tackled by the first defender?
I bet they think they can! Lol

Plus, 800 TDs in one game is probably enough to take a 4th round flyer on a guy all by itself.

I bet they think they can! Lol

Plus, 800 TDs in one game is probably enough to take a 4th round flyer on a guy all by itself.

Remember this regime didn't draft Ballage.
I think the really like his "intangibles" and are truly trying to give him the best chances to prove himself.
But "intangibles" isn't enough. At some point you gotta produce.
Without question RB is going to be a priority for this team.

Ballage is the type of RB that needs lanes, literally, right infront of him to succeed.

I think the really like his "intangibles" and are truly trying to give him the best chances to prove himself.

Ballage is the type of RB that needs lanes, literally, right infront of him to succeed.
I haven't paid attention specifically to his pass protection, but that's the only reason I can think of that he's in there.

Especially if Gaskin and Laird are "works in progress" in that area.

We know our Oline is bad at pass pro, our RB can't be as well.

A few people have already said Ballage is the best RB at pass pro. With the current OL, that's important. I suspect if Laird and/or Gaskin were close to Ballage in pass pro, they'd get more snaps.

Back
Top Bottom