Why is our offensive line so bad? Rank the linemen. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is our offensive line so bad? Rank the linemen.

EddieIrvine13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What is wrong with this line? I havent been able to watch many games since I have to work on Sundays. Right now I know it is Smith-Nails-Ruddy-Perry-Wade. Is Nails as good as he was last year? Is Wade Smith (our 3rd round pick) a legitimate starter? If not, will it take time for him to get there? What about Perry and Wade? Can Seth McKinney play OG? What about the other OL we got in the 3rd, Whitley. Is he any good?
Who is the worst starting linemen... maybe it would be cool if we could rank them... like

Ruddy
Wade
Nails
Perry
Smith
McKinney
Whitley
Jerman
Yates
Bedell

They have all sucked, in varying degrees.

Wade Smith looked solid for a while, and then got schooled for two weeks straight. We did a terrible job of getting him help, though. He's a decent pass protector, and a not very good run blocker.

Jamie Nails has been sucking pretty bad. His ankle injury is hurting him, definately. I dont know how his weight is, but he was threatened to be benched up until Dallas

Tim Ruddy has had some injury problems. He's been ok, nothing great. Jacksonville he stunk it up, though.

Todd Perry has been quiet. In our O-line, quiet is good.

Turd Wade is not worth nearly the money he wants, and is at best an average RT.

Since Jay Fiedler returned last week, the OL has played pretty well (5 quarters). Heck, they even moved the pile last week. Check out the first running play of the Dallas game and see "the wave". Reminiscent of the teams they were honoring with those throwback jerseys.

Against Washington, Nails and Perry were out and we went with McKinney/Ruddy/Jerman inside from left to right. And they did a decent job. McKinney played very well.

This week, the pass blocking was superb. Todd Wade played well again. Nails had a pretty good game too. I even noticed him pulling a few times. Wade Smith has also been quiet the last two games. Quiet is good. :) Ruddy looked ok as well.

I think a lot of it has to do with Norv opening things back up and keeping those defenses off balance....along with the WRs getting open. Lots of 2 TE sets and extra protection at the LOS. But the offensive lineman are doing a much better job. Gives you hope.

Our line is getting better. I don't think we are in as bad of shape as most people do. Our youngsters are getting better and can hold their own. If Chambers continues to be a threat, things will get much easier for our line as well. It's all one chain reaction. Things will open up more for Ricky and our line will look much better. With nine in the box always, it makes it very difficult for our line to block everyone, and they look worse than they actually are. It's not the best line, but it's not the worst line either. First down passing will help keep defenses honest as well. I think they'll be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom