Why is Saban a God one week and a bust the next? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is Saban a God one week and a bust the next?

Reaction score
I'm a Saban supporter. I have been since he came. I'm just wondering why peoples opinons change so much on here and who they would pick as someone to replace Saban? Mora perhaps? :rolleyes2

You know what I think our problems are? No QB and no "elite" offensive player.

I'm a Saban supporter. I have been since he came. I'm just wondering why peoples opinons change so much on here and who they would pick as someone to replace Saban? Mora perhaps? :rolleyes2

Because some people have high expectations and Saban was a highly successful coach at every level (even at a defensive level in the nfl). You put these two things together and people expect to start winning when the team doesnt win they cry foul.

Its pretty simple...

Because most fans these days are impatient. I think most of us realize there is still work to be done, and that everyone makes mistakes along the way.

Those who overreact just have to be ignored from time to time, that's all.

Because most fans these days are impatient. I think most of us realize there is still work to be done, and that everyone makes mistakes along the way.

Those who overreact just have to be ignored from time to time, that's all.

:yeahthat:

Because a lot of people are impatient and when a team is rebuilding and not doing well everyone wants to see every players gone, get players through the draft and get rid of the coach which is a sad reality on this site.

I think there is a big crowd that does not like Nick, and every time the opportunity avails, they pounce.

Championship - 33 years ago
AFC Champion - 22 years ago
AFC Championship appearance - 14 years ago
Playoff win - 6 years ago
Playoff berth - 5 years ago

I'm 28 and yes I'll be one to admit I'm beyond impatient.

Why? Because people always want you to think you know what they are talking about and that they are always right. However, the only one that needs to care is Wayne H.

Those who are prone to idol worship are always going to be dissappointed when their idols show they're human. Saban is a very good coach, but he's not perfect.

That's pretty much the problem. For all the complaints about our secondary, they have played pretty well most of the year. We just have NO offense.

Coaches tend to live or die according to the quality of the QB play. Bad QB play is the biggest "coach killer" out there. Saban knows this, but has not found the solution yet.

That's easy. Nick Saban may never fully recover from the only significant blunder he has committed- Pepper over Brees. Even if he made the inteligent decision, the choice that seemed reasonable from a medical standpoint, the bottom line, as luck would have it, was that it turned out to be the wrong decision. Nick Saban's career as a Miami Dolphin may very well lie in the hands of Daunte Culpepper and excuse me for being humorous but DC has been known to fumble. Is Nick Saban married to DC? If he is, it may very well be until death due them part(as far as an NFL career goes).

Because so far he appears to be over rated as a coach.

What has he accomplished so far (besides a few winning streaks after the team gets buried in the division cellar)?

Initially, some people believed his college record would naturally follow him to the pros. So far it has not.

I want to believe in him (for the Phin's sake) but as far as I'm concerned... the "jury's still out" until he can prove otherwise.

Hmm well lets see here.

Well to start we Nick is going to be on year 3 of his contract. Second we do not look much better than last year. In which you might think we would better. We still have alot of questions at Qb. A situation which should have been taken care of this year. And obviously we still have a problem there. Because the solution has not shown us anything and his backup has questions also.

People might be more relaxed if Nick had drafted a Qb this year and he was going through the motions of being a rookie. But Nick brought in two veterans to run this offense. And look where we are. Granted its a team sport. So there is blame to share all around.

Back
Top Bottom