Why is your head coach on the ropes? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why is your head coach on the ropes?

BroncoFox

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sheesh, I really don't get it. If his job was already tenuous, why should this be the final straw? Obviously he had no idea. Obviously, the team is going to struggle to get a positive record let alone the playoffs this year. This isn't his fault.

The mindset certainly has changed over the years. Coaches used to be given every chance to help a team succeed. The longer a coach was on a team, typically, the better they could do. Now, a coach is often fired for sneezing at the wrong time.

If nothing else, he should be given every chance to make this team work NEXT year, after the team recovers from this mess. Why this should be the thing that gets him fired is baffling. A franchise player that loses his noodle right before training camp is hardly his fault.

Mind you, I'm not terribly displeased at any of this, being a Bronco fan. ;)

I feel Ricky made a bad choice tho. But then, your team is probably better off in the long run without such a wonked out player on your team, regardless of what skills he has.

I sort of feel for you guys tho. I really have nothing against the team.. the only negative feelings I've had is due to your childish and annoying finatic fan who plagued our Denver board for awhile. For the rest of you.. yuck, good luck, don't lose the faith in your team!

But can anyone explain this negative trend towards coaches? I swear, they used to be respected. Now it seems they are fearing their own shadow, worried they will be fired. Only a few coaches are so solid that their owners wouldn't consider firing them, regardless of a bad year or two.. or they have their owners full support. I feel just as bad for Wanny as for the fans.

Excepting of course, finatic. :tongue:

Good luck this year, you'll definately need it! ;)

BroncoFox

Hey Broncofox:

You guys miss me over there at the "OrangeMange"? I bet they would love to have me there to lay smack on over this. Hahaha! I think I am enjoying being banned form there so I don't have to hear it!

I think the Coach suffers from the performance of the team over the past two years. It was widley believed that we had the talent to go to the next level. In many key games the team did not perform well and he did not seem to manage the game well. Also many see the chaos of this offseason as a result of bad leadership. The inability of the Coach to aquire better talent and drafts while he was acting GM also has alienated him.

But most of all I think the fans feel like it is time to clean house and start over. That almost always starts with the Head Coach.

Bye for now. Give my love to Taco John and the other Donkeys.

Um.. no, you are probably not missed much, sorry. You were ok in my book until you started your cursing tirades and smack talk, to everyone.. regardless if they upset you or not. Lumping all fans into one groups is never a good idea. You went from opposing, smack talking fan of another team to nasty troll when you did that.

The thing about the coach. If he is at a point to be fired, he should have been fired. If they didn't fire him, they apparently want to give him another chance. So why should this be a final straw? It isn't as if it is his fault. Wishy washy owners are irritating.

BroncoFox

Perhaps the fact that he talked FIVE TIMES with Ricky on Friday about his retirement decision and didn't find it newsworthy enough to raise with his general manager or his owner...never mind that the next day was Select-a-Seat Day and the on-sale date for individual game tickets. The team moved more than $1 million in tickets on Saturday. You think that there might be an enterprising trial lawyer or two looking to set up a class action against the Dolphins for deceptive trade practices or fraud?

Fraud? I doubt that. I'm sure a team can let out information (or none at all) in any way they please. Lowdown? Yup. But hardly worthy of a lawsuit.

As far as not reporting it, I have a feeling that Wanny was NOT the person who decided to "not tell" the media outlets about this. If he did keep this to himself, yup.. I think that really would be grounds for saying "bye" to him. But you would think he would have let the entire coaching staff as well as the owner know as soon as he found out about it. I will be stunned if that wasn't the case.

BroncoFox

I don't think that Ricky leaving is the final straw. That card has already been dealt. This season is his final straw. If they don't go all the way, he's gone. It's just more likely now.

Now now, Bronco. I was given less than a warm wecome there. There was a nucleus that would not do anything but attack me. When I struck back, It ws intended for them, not for the masses. I made that statement to you several times.

No sweat either way. You and a couple others did try and be resonable. But you were by far the minority. I have never encountered such a concentrated segment of rude people in my life as I did at the Orange Mange. The kicker to me was when the Mod took the liberty of editing and sensoring posts and adding pictures and icons to threads to manipulate them into lies. When I confronted him he said "its my forum, I can do what I want". From that moment on I could have cared less about being there.

I enjoy my relationship with many other sites and have great dialoug with them. But the Mange was the worst.

You are better than the rest there.

I have never encountered such a concentrated segment of rude people in my life as I did at the Orange Mange.

You think that's bad, try going to a Broncos/Dolphins game in Denver, wearing your Jason Taylor jersey. Talk about hostility. Sheesh.

As far as fans go, there are much worse stadiums to be in in an opposing jersey. Denver is by and far a very friendly place for other fans. You can always find jerks in every city and every stadium, but as a whole, it's very nice. Try Oakland or Pittsburgh.. or a few other nasty stadiums.. ugh. Diehard fans.. but many jerks.

As far as the Mane goes, you are wrong fin. I mean.. there *are* a few vocal folks there (as there are on every board), but the majority are very cool. There is a large # of fans on that board that post very regularly from other teams. Many talk a fair amount of smack. The sheer # of Chief fans posts were staggering last year. Yet none of them were banned. Why? They didn't resort to making fun of injured players (your two wrongs make a right theory), or cuss up a storm like you did. You got nasty with anyone whose opinion varied from yours. Just because you got in a pissing contest with a couple of fans there doesn't mean you should bash the entire fanbase.

Anyways, mebbe you guys are right about the coach. But how will a new RB *and* a new coach affect the team next year? Will it be a rebuilding year or two, or do they have the chance of rebounding instantly with the other skill on the team?

BroncoFox

Although, I think we can continue to win 10-11 games every year, I have a bad feeling that we're due for a major overhaul. If we only win 8-9 games this year, you can expect a new HC, and half of our defense will be gone.

The more I find out about this "talented" team of headcases, the more I understand why we seem limited on how many games we can win. Good, but not great. I wonder if the missing ingredient is character?

Back
Top Bottom