Why Isn’t Minkah On The Field More? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Isn’t Minkah On The Field More?

Well it would help if he was actually playing safety.

He’s allowing the lowest passer rating in the entire NFL, he’s not getting picked on to get a lot of interceptions. I’ll take sticky coverage over some splash plays.

Fair enough but the best defensive players in the league create turnovers. People act like Minkah is already there.

Fair enough but the best defensive players in the league create turnovers. People act like Minkah is already there.

You won't get the turnovers if nobody is throwing the football your way. He is living up to his draft position already. Every week he is making a big play getting the defense off the field on 3rd or 4th down whether by tackling or a pass break up. More INTs will come.

Burke is just learning how to utilize a player like MInkah. If he was a seasoned defensive coordinator with good instincts for the player and game, he would have been using him more from day one.

Amazing how easily "fans" turn against our best defensive player of this decade.

I'm loyal to the Fins, not Reshad Jones. He has been paid MORE THAN his value and now he's being a malcontent? Sorry, Reshad can get out and if you're more loyal to him than the Fins then you can root for that team!

Moreover, if he's the best player we've had this decade when he's been flawed in coverage the entire time then that speaks more about how pathetic our defenses have been than how great Reshad is. Reshad has been a good player for us, a top 5 SS for most of his tenure... but he's also been a showboat, EXTREMELY HIGHLY PAID, a liability in coverage at times, and apparently, a big malcontent. Sorry, he didn't do me any favors. Tell it like it is. This is a sorry franchise, he's not some all-time great.

Disagreed. You would be doing this player a disservice by defining his role so specifically. He should play all over the field. He should be your Troy Polamalu, Tyronn Mathieu, Ed Reed... he can play in the slot in crunch time. He can run the middle of the field. He can come up to the line and jam a receiver or blitz or make a tackle sideline to sideline.

A player of his potential caliber should be roaming - he will be what Reshad Jones likes to think he is. He's got range, instincts, tackling ability, speed, and coverage skills... remind me why he should play ONLY the slot? He should be lined up wherever we need him. He should be our game planning mid game adjustment weapon.

Did you read my second paragraph at all?!?? Lol, nothing says I’d “ONLY” play him in the slot. Nice meaningless rant.

You won't get the turnovers if nobody is throwing the football your way. He is living up to his draft position already. Every week he is making a big play getting the defense off the field on 3rd or 4th down whether by tackling or a pass break up. More INTs will come.

Burke is just learning how to utilize a player like MInkah. If he was a seasoned defensive coordinator with good instincts for the player and game, he would have been using him more from day one.

For me, rooting for the Dolphins means rooting for the players and the team. It saddens me a little that other people don't see it that way.

Minkahs damn good but boy it would be nice to have josh rosen in the building right about now. A qb with some upside.

For me, rooting for the Dolphins means rooting for the players and the team. It saddens me a little that other people don't see it that way.

Yeah and when one player is FACT causing drama truly at the expense of the team? Not sure why you want to defend Reshad so adamantly.

Yeah and when one player is FACT causing drama truly at the expense of the team? Not sure why you want to defend Reshad so adamantly.

I think the ineptitude of this organization creates drama as much as any player.

I think the ineptitude of this organization creates drama as much as any player.

Sure, I agree. So push comes to shove you choose the player, not the team? I guess if Reshad becomes a Raven or something, you become a fan of that team?

No? Then your original comment toward me that led to this worthless exchange was pretty off base.

I don't mind using Fitz as the jack of all trades but I haven't seen it pay off in terms of blitzing Jones, McDonald or Fitz. You've got 3 safetys out there which one is coming in which ones are dropping back into coverage.

Sure, I agree. So push comes to shove you choose the player, not the team? I guess if Reshad becomes a Raven or something, you become a fan of that team?

No? Then your original comment toward me that led to this worthless exchange was pretty off base.

If Reshad becomes a Raven, I still root for Reshad. Not the Ravens.

Back
Top Bottom