why isn't ricky getting big #'s? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why isn't ricky getting big #'s?

chevysales

Starter
Reaction score
is the o line to blame?
granted he sees alot of crowding the line of scrimmage but others do it?

i love ricky so what i am really asking is the o line to blame?

why didn't we use him more in the beginning?

He was getting big numbers until Lucas put them behind and was forced to throw(hem cough#@) I use the term throw lightly.

97 is good enough for me.....just keep on pounding ricky........711 down.........789 to go! Run Ricky RUN!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah........Saints 6-1......another big day for Deuce. 21/139 5/35 TD.

Ricky is doing fine. He's fourth in the league in rushing. He can't go too much higher. Only LaDanian Tomlinson, Priest Holmes, and Deuce McAllister have outrushed him this year. He'll continue to do well. Lucas can't get any worse than yesterday so good times are certainly ahead.

What really sucks is opposing teams always played Miami with a make Jay Fiedler beat them attitude and for the most part he was beating them. It was geting to the point where teams may have had to change their defensive strategy a bit and not put all of their eggs in stopping Ricky. That is when really good things would have started to happen. Now teams will force Ray Lucas to beat them and with the way he played yesterday that would appear impossible.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
The o-line play has not been pretty after that Jets game. No holes.
whether you have holes or not, ya can't do a damn thing if you have a QB that gift wraps the ball and gives it away 6 times in one game!:rolleyes:

give lucas one more game. he has two weeks to calm down and get used to everyone. carter should help lucas on the field. he looked great in the first series. i think there is no reason to think if he realizes he does not have to win the game just get the ball to the talent around him, that he will be ok. if not then i think we are gonna find out if rosenfels was a good trade....

I think a saints fan wrote something about ricky or someone else did here i cant remember, ricky when he hits the hole doesnt try to avoid contact enough. He seems to always try to run over somebody instead of avoiding the contact. I think it was evident on a couple of plays against the bills where it looked like he could have broke a couple of big gainers, but seemed to stumble as he prepared to hit the defender. Ricky is a great back whom hasnt even touched on all of his talent!

I think that is very accurate, Stan. Ricky is a great back. He's a major load for defenders (espcially DBs) to handle. When he gets one on one with a DB, he lowers his shoulder and runs over the guy. Most times, though, he'll also get knocked off balance by the big hit and he'll go down. He makes a great run, but if he would use the quickness we all know he has a little more he'd break a few more longer ones in the process of running over the DBs when you really have to. He's a punishing back that loves the contact.

Originally posted by UNOPrivatr
I think that is very accurate, Stan. Ricky is a great back. He's a major load for defenders (espcially DBs) to handle. When he gets one on one with a DB, he lowers his shoulder and runs over the guy. Most times, though, he'll also get knocked off balance by the big hit and he'll go down. He makes a great run, but if he would use the quickness we all know he has a little more he'd break a few more longer ones in the process of running over the DBs when you really have to. He's a punishing back that loves the contact.
ricky looked as though he was doing well sunday. to have 97 yds when ya can't keep the ball on offense because you QB keeps giving it away, well.......................

Originally posted by UNOPrivatr

I'm not sure which one of you guys mentioned this but, whoever it was was right, Ricky is very susceptible to getting tripped up. He can runover anybody but, his stride is so short, and he doesn't bring his knees up high enough so, he ends up getting taken down easily if anybody gets near his feet.

It also looks like he doesn't have the great balance....the ability to keep his feet under him....that seperates the good ones from the great ones.

I like him and he is a top running back and I think he can have a great career, I don't think, at this point that he is going to end up in the same class as Jim Brown or Gale Sayers but I do see him in the same class as a Jerome Bettis or a Franco Harris. (two Steelers....hmmm..strictly coincidence, I swear).

Back
Top Bottom