Why isn't Speilman being considered for GM? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why isn't Speilman being considered for GM?

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ec28,0,3580778.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

An NFL source said Huizenga is considering former New Orleans general manager Randy Mueller, Buffalo assistant general manager Tom Modrak and Tampa Bay Director of Player Personnel Tim Ruskell as candidates for such a role, which could even include the title of team president if Jones decides to retire.

I think Speilman should be considered for this position as well. Why are we considering the guy who TRADED Ricky Williams, and then got fired a few weeks later? And why are we considering some guy from Buffalo? Seriously, this is a joke. Speilman is a good player evaluator who has worked at acquiring guys like Seau, Ricky, etc. He even supposedly wanted to draft Anquan Boldin. I would rather have Speilman as our GM than any of the guys Huizenga is considering.

I've heard a lot of good about Modrak. I have seen Spielman's name mentioned. Perhaps H. Wayne just wants to start all new- total house-cleaning.

The reason Mueller and Modrak are the top candidates is because both have GM experience and are successful GMs. Mueller was the NFL's Executive of the Year in 2000. The only reason he was fired was because Saints owner Tom Benson is a drunken idiot. Benson cited a "lack of communication" for the firing, but he fired Mueller because he couldn't control Mueller.

Modrak built the Eagles that you see today. Modrak hired Andy Reid and drafted Donovan McNabb. He worked as Tom Donahoe's college scouting director in Pittsburgh, and during his 9 years in that job, he drafted 8 Pro Bowl players.

Rick will get a GM opportunity, but it will be in Detroit, not in Miami.

Buffalo has one of the top personnel departments in the NFL. Donahoe just got unlucky when he picked Gregg Williams over John Fox.

I hope Modrak goes to the NFC when he gets another GM job. I did find it amusing and a bit scary that he could be in Miami. Afterall, he has been in charge of our draft the last 2 years and I assume Miami would have the Bills board in their draft room as a bonus.

I think the unluckiness was picking Greg Williams over Marvin Lewis.

There are rumors that Marvin Lewis deliberately acted like a fool during his interview because he didn't really want the Buffalo job. Most people in Buffalo now say screw him then. So that's why it was the coin toss, Fox or Williams. Both good coordinators with no head coaching experience. One is good, we got the one that sucked.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
The reason Mueller and Modrak are the top candidates is because both have GM experience and are successful GMs. Mueller was the NFL's Executive of the Year in 2000. The only reason he was fired was because Saints owner Tom Benson is a drunken idiot. Benson cited a "lack of communication" for the firing, but he fired Mueller because he couldn't control Mueller.

Modrak built the Eagles that you see today. Modrak hired Andy Reid and drafted Donovan McNabb. He worked as Tom Donahoe's college scouting director in Pittsburgh, and during his 9 years in that job, he drafted 8 Pro Bowl players.

Rick will get a GM opportunity, but it will be in Detroit, not in Miami.

Actually alot of his personels moves from '01 to present were very questionable.

Not to mention the awkward position Wanndstedt will be in, being Spielman's boss one year, and answering to Spielman the next.

Back
Top Bottom