Why Jim Mora Jr.? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Jim Mora Jr.?

Because Mora will take the job with limited power, with a smaller paycheck, and Mr H. knows that. Plus IF coach Chin does come out and play again in a year or two...it would be easier to slide baby Mora out the door and bring in the guy he wanted all along.

I don't think that's the right thing to do, but you just never know what to expect anymore from this team.

Mora would mean stop gap IMO. He'd be one and done here and then we'd go after cowher...

Because Mora will take the job with limited power, with a smaller paycheck, and Mr H. knows that. Plus IF coach Chin does come out and play again in a year or two...it would be easier to slide baby Mora out the door and bring in the guy he wanted all along.

I don't think that's the right thing to do, but you just never know what to expect anymore from this team.

As much as it makes sense its dumb as h*ll. If youre going to hire a coach, hire someone who your confident in for the future and someone who has the POSSIBILITY of helping you win right away.

Because he is a few weeks off of a complete failure

in Atlanta...because he wants to coach the U of Washington...because we just had a coach with his heart in college...because he is a defensive guy...because we just signed Capers to the richest d-coordinator deal...because obviously no one else wanted Mora...

hows that for starters?

gee fellas i would rather have mike shula or dan reeves or even wanny. oopps

:dolphins: :dolphins: :dolphins:

I dont want someone else's dirty laundry :fire:

i wouldn't mine mora.

Why? So he could do this!!

Jim Mora jr wants out
By BleedGreen
Posted on Fri Dec 15, 2006 at 02:20:53 PM EST
</I>

I figured this was worth posting because it comes before a game with huge NFC playoff implications as Dallas faces Atlanta this weekend.
Jim Mora Jr flatly says he wants the Huskies job and would leave the Falcons in the middle of a playoff race to get it if he had to.
Here is the audio
Interviewer: If there's an opening, and you're available, we want you to coach the Huskies.
Mora: Well, I really have a lot of respect for Ty, and I know he'll do a great job. But if he ever decides to move on, and get in the NFL or you know, go back to Notre Dame or whatever, if that job's open you'll find me at the friggin' head of the line with my resume in my hand ready to take that job.
Interviewer: If you're available.
Mora: It doesn't even matter if I'm available.

Interviewer: So if you just won the Super Bowl, and it's available, you're there?
Mora: I'd be there
Interviewer: You're there, okay.
Mora: I'd do it, I promise you that. Now, I want to see Ty succeed, and I want to see that program succeed. But if he decides at some point that he's ready to move on and they want me, I will be there. I don't care if we're in the middle of a playoff run, I'm packing my stuff and coming back to Seattle.
Interviewer: So, are you saying...
Mora: You know, it's funny, and I mean that, and I'm dead serious, the further I get away from it the more I'm drawn to it. You know, that's the job I want, so...
Interviewer: You would leave the Falcons for that job?
Mora: Absolutely.

Interviewer: Wow. Mora: Yeah. As I sit here, I'm looking at a Husky helmet.

Why not Mora??

Mora made some rookie Head Coaching mistakes in years 2 and 3 in Atlanta. The Falcons and Arther Blank are all about image and Mora tarnished that image. The cell phone, the head set throwing and the Washington State comments didn't do him any favours.

On the field Mike Vick was a bad fit for the West Coast offense and was 15-17 the past two years.

Why? So he could do this!!

Jim Mora jr wants out
By BleedGreen
Posted on Fri Dec 15, 2006 at 02:20:53 PM EST
</I>

I figured this was worth posting because it comes before a game with huge NFC playoff implications as Dallas faces Atlanta this weekend.
Jim Mora Jr flatly says he wants the Huskies job and would leave the Falcons in the middle of a playoff race to get it if he had to.
Here is the audio
Interviewer: If there's an opening, and you're available, we want you to coach the Huskies.
Mora: Well, I really have a lot of respect for Ty, and I know he'll do a great job. But if he ever decides to move on, and get in the NFL or you know, go back to Notre Dame or whatever, if that job's open you'll find me at the friggin' head of the line with my resume in my hand ready to take that job.
Interviewer: If you're available.
Mora: It doesn't even matter if I'm available.

Interviewer: So if you just won the Super Bowl, and it's available, you're there?
Mora: I'd be there
Interviewer: You're there, okay.
Mora: I'd do it, I promise you that. Now, I want to see Ty succeed, and I want to see that program succeed. But if he decides at some point that he's ready to move on and they want me, I will be there. I don't care if we're in the middle of a playoff run, I'm packing my stuff and coming back to Seattle.
Interviewer: So, are you saying...
Mora: You know, it's funny, and I mean that, and I'm dead serious, the further I get away from it the more I'm drawn to it. You know, that's the job I want, so...
Interviewer: You would leave the Falcons for that job?
Mora: Absolutely.

Interviewer: Wow. Mora: Yeah. As I sit here, I'm looking at a Husky helmet.
Ouch.

Back
Top Bottom