Why Keep This Defense Intact???.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Keep This Defense Intact???....

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
They're just as bad as the offense!!!....

Well, maybe not THAT bad, but they certainly aren't worth the money we've been shelling out over the years....

This team is no longer interested in winning IMHO. The defense had that game handed to them on a silver platter, and choked. They choked against a team that had previously been winless in their last 17 road games. They gave up big chunks late, and showed no discipline whatsoever having being penalized repeatedly throughout the game....

So, my question is, why keep spending big money on these guys???... :shakeno:

Other than Z. Thomas and P. Surtain, I can't see any reason why we should keep this defense intact. Guys like Madison / T. Bowens / Chester / Seau / Greenwood / Knight / Edwards / and yes, Taylor / aren't getting the job done....

This defense is simply not worth it's very steep price IMO. Not when you're getting run over by the Jets in one week, and then torched by the Cards in final seconds the next.

Everyone seems to worry about the Phinz defense becoming weak if we decided to release / trade the bulk of our defenders, but the fact remains they're already weak now. Why continue throwning money at these guys if they can't get the job done????...

PHINZ RULE!!!....THE NFL CELLAR!!!! :fire:

HC and DC have no control over there guys.. there is uncoached talent out there..

we can't trade madison cause of his contract it would kill our cap.
T.Bownes? dude come on saying he is not getting the job done is like saying David boston is not getting the jjob done.. the guy is on IR he played 2 halfs of a game INJURED to try and make a diffrence. same with chester..

we see what a diffrence not having thouse 2 in there make..
TimBo will probably retire this year and chester should be back with a vengence

Taylor? well when your the only star on the line all the focus comes to you.. its hard to do **** when you have a Gaurd Tackel and HB hitting you before you get to the quarterback.. and witht hat he still has 30 tackels from the DE postion and 4 sacks the NFL leader has only 4 more sacks then him

Seau? dude is top 15 in tackles and he is on IR he has been in the top 10 all year.. come one talk with facts not emotion..

yes there has been a CORE MELT DOWN by the defense but you know what.. the coach should be able to hold them together..

JTs outburst yesterday was uncalled for he shoul dhave been pulled from the game to set a point..

I am one of many who agree our D is overrated and doesn't get it done in crunch time. But saying JT needs to go is insane. He was doing everything he could yesterday, and would have had multiple sacks if not for suspect calls by the refs. He's an animal, and has 2-3 more productive years in him at least. One of the reasons we choke or don't get it done I believe is because of our unimaginative D. Our blitzes suck, and are always picked up. This is a blitz league now, and we don't have the staff to insert a blitz package worth a flying f. That is why we need to get rid of Bates as well as everyone on the staff with the possible exceptions of Sullivan and Trestman.

we would look SOO much better with just one or 2 good tackles in place healthy. the lb's look better and just SOO much changes with a good line, which we already have good ends. i wont bother to chat up the rest of our talant, suffice to say i think we have plenty on D.

On paper our defense is good. 4 years ago our defense is good. Our defense hasn't been good latley. 2002 is when our defense really went downhill blowing late leads vs Minny and NE. A "GREAT" defense holds onto those leads and wins those games.

It's not just one person to blame, the unit as a whole is very average.

I am not sure ... something has to happen. The last two games the Defense has not played to half of their ability.

For anyone to stand up for this defense hasn't been watching the games...
They constantly giving up bring drives in the 4th quarter..
They constantly lose the turnover battle..
They constantly drop INTs..
They constantly make game changing penalties..

Back
Top Bottom