Why Liam Eichenberg is exactly what the Dolphins needed up front | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Liam Eichenberg is exactly what the Dolphins needed up front

This is one of the issues I have with this coaching staff. Playing guys out of position or not playing to certain players strength. Clearly from watching film Solomon Kindley played better at LG and looked natural at that spot, same goes for Hunt . Hunt is a guard not a tackle. Gaskins is really good reciever out of the backfield but for whatever reason we didn’t take advantage of that. Before Flores when we had tannehill, the one thing tannehill did great was throw on the run, we never used his best skill to help him be better. Things like that piss me off.

I can appreciate "playing out of position".

This is specific. It doesn't necessarily mean that "out of position" is the wrong position, but that can be implied. Still, I find it much more accurate than statements like "true" or "natural" positions; which I consider hyperbole and therefore intentionally misleading.

This may seem a little thing, but there is enough vagueness or over generalization, when trying to identify what a player's capability is. The less of that the better, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Well coached and good technique help little if the opposition players are too fast or too strong.
Can Eichenberg handle the Aaron Donalds of the world?
If he cant it's Jonathan fkn Martin all over again.
Not a fair statement. How many in the league can handle Donalds one on one for three and half seconds?

Well coached and good technique help little if the opposition players are too fast or too strong.
OK, I have to call bull $hit here.

First

He is plenty strong enough, and being well coached, smart, with concrete solid technique will take a player a long way in the NFL. In fact, I would say the opposite is just as valid of a statement. Being athletically superior also does a lineman no good if his technique, and assignment soundness is garbage. One thing I've heard widely praised by those who know, is that he is NFL ready when it comes to passing off blocks, picking up stunts, crosses, games, etc.

Second

Very very few can handle Donald all day without help from chips, etc. That is a specious arguement to then jump to Martin level failure.

It's a good thing there's only like 2 Aaron Donalds. lol and the legit one Miami only sees once every 3-4 years

My observation is that is the 3 picks after Waddle were the picks we were after and even Waddle might have been Pitts then Waddle. Take into consideration last year's picks and Florres appears to sqeeze more juice out of his picks than the draft niks that I do respect but enjoy the bottom line of wins more than their projections. This is year 3 for Florres which is what I give all Dolphins players and coaches to evaluate if they are the real deal.
With our huge investment in Tua and his injury history this Oline pick is what I was most interested in because keeping him both healthy and improving our running game will go a long way to the teams improvement.
We do need to eventually snag a decent Oline coach so we can use our high round draft picks elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom