Why Marino ? It's very simple | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Marino ? It's very simple

welderpat

RINGLEADER WELDERPAT GANG
Reaction score
In the 2003 Miami had the #3 defense for points allowed!
And yes it is points that matter.
They did this with the help of the #2 and #4 sackers.
If you didn't already know Wally and Taylor.
The #4 in int's, Madison.
The #2 in fumble recoveries for defensive players T Buck.
This sorts out Q.B.s falling on theire own fumbles.
Now on the other side of the ball.
Down from his #1 spot of a year ago Ricky was#10 in rushing.
And yes that was with the same o-line we were passing with.
Now we come to the star of our show, The starting Q.B.
Jay Fiedler ended the year 23rd with a rating of 72.4
And that is why Miami is not in the playoffs.
That is why changes are being made in the office.
That is why Marino was brought in, to make the passing game work!!!!!!
Now I know some of you would prefer some fat a**ed exutive type, and that is fine, I want someone who has made a passing game work and if you're not old enough to remember Dan wasn't bad.
And before some dullard pipes up with "no front office experience" It's a trade off. I am satisfied with Marino's experience.
Most passing yards carrer#1
" " year#1
Most completions career#1
If you want more of his resume.
Get the N.F.L. record book.
Any questions?

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
Actually, wouldn't the GM be responsible for upgrading the talent?

Most definitely....but you KNOW Dan isn't just going to sit back and watch everything. He won't be "Mr. Do What I Say" but he'll certainly have input and influence.

Tomorrow morning Dolphins H.Q.
Rick "Ihave some tape of Q.B. prospects to look at get Dave,Norv, and Dan in here.............................................................................................
O.K. evrybody is here Dave go get some coffee Norv doughnuts Dan
wich tape do you want to see first?"
We need a Q.B. it takes one to know one.

welderpat I agree with you 100%. Marino is more than qualified he is a proven winner. He has studied his stuff since 99 since he retired he said himself that he was the biggest Dolphins fan around. It aint like he is coming from another team an having to learn the system andread notes and learn what this team needs. Dan Marino already knows what needs to be done if he could have done it last week he would have. He said on HBO that he did not like what Fiedler was doing in some games. Bye Fiedler. You just as well say Marino got run out of Miami by Wanny dont win SB or playoffs. Bye Wanny dont let the door hit you on the way out Dont forget your Fresca. If the offensive play calling aint no better unless it is Wanny's fault. Bye Norv.

Marino will say I am a nice man but I will not fall short with this kind of talent.

Is anyone else concerned that Dan Marino scored a 16 on the wonderlic? On the plus side he was really good at picking games for that HBO show.

Originally posted by mls737
Is anyone else concerned that Dan Marino scored a 16 on the wonderlic? On the plus side he was really good at picking games for that HBO show.

Not really, that was 20 years ago. I'm guessing he thought he was a lock for the top 10 & just didn't give a crap about that test.

Re: Re: Why Marino ? It's very simple

Originally posted by SMadison29

Woohoo, I musta missed most of them because I only remember 3 :)

Good catch My mistake It was Surtain at#4.

Why is it that just because Dan was one of the best player ever to play QB that makes him someone who can evaluate talent! Just because you can play the position doesn't mean you can tell who is best to take over that role! Now after the QB spot how good is he going to be a evaluating the O linemen! It was a weird move for the Dolphins to bring in Dan in the position! I'm not sure that this is the best move to help the team move to that next level! I would be more comfortable if it was someone that has done it before and has a track record! I guess we'll all have to wait and see how he does! Only time will tell! Nationaly the media is already laughing at the Dolphins for not being able to win in December, if this doesn't work out watch out they won't be just laughing they'll be rolling in the streets!

I just want to win, man let's hope this works!!!
I can't deal with the Pat's winning an other one! Go Colt!!!

I had that same problem. They were everywhere. They were like my little friends that heped me release all the energy and emotion. Then they set me up with some thorazine and this cool Valium I.V. drip, and now I'm able to end most of my sentences with periods. It's cool, -- it's like I'm starting to see things more clearly. I'm back on solid foods again, too.

Umm, I know if I played a sport for years and years I think I could figure out who does/doesn't have talent just by playing the game and witnessing so many diff atheletes and who can do what when/where.

Yea but ever know someone that can do something but can't tell you how to do it! It's the same thing just because he can play doesn't mean he can evaluate talent! We'll have to wait and see! I sure hope so for the Dolphins sake because I'm tired of having all this talent and not winning!!!

Back
Top Bottom