Why Miami Dolphins players love Ryan Fitzpatrick: 'He's the man' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Miami Dolphins players love Ryan Fitzpatrick: 'He's the man'

You would get your 5th overall pick from this past draft finally starting. Fitz ain't the long term answer here and as soon as people like you realize that the better off you will be.
Starting a 5th pick gives you zero value just because of draft position. It doesn't matter if Fitz is the long term answer or not when he's giving you top 5 QBR NOW. Like I said, people are going against their self interests here.

hopefully when we move to Tua he’s better than Fitz and everybody knows it. I’d be dissapointed if so many players thought Fitz was better it divided the locker room. I think we all would be. Tua was a 5th overall pick, Fitz is a 7th round journeyman, at some point the talent should win out.

exactly. Here’s hoping they already know it

You would get your 5th overall pick from this past draft finally starting. Fitz ain't the long term answer here and as soon as people like you realize that the better off you will be.
No one thinks Fitz is the long term answer. And as soon as 'people like you' realize it, the better off you will be.

Starting a 5th pick gives you zero value just because of draft position. It doesn't matter if Fitz is the long term answer or not when he's giving you top 5 QBR NOW. Like I said, people are going against their self interests here.
Well Alex Smith had a good QBR as well and that didn't stop the Chiefs from moving on from him to Mahomes the next season because Reid knew Smith took them as far as he was going to take them and Mahomes upside was too good to be sitting on the bench. I hate to break it to you but this Dolphins team isn't going to the Super Bowl and will be lucky to make the playoffs. So let's not act like Fitz is some kind of HOF QB.

Well Alex Smith had a good QBR as well and that didn't stop the Chiefs from moving on from him to Mahomes the next season because Reid knew Smith took them as far as he was going to take them and Mahomes upside was too good to be sitting on the bench. I hate to break it to you but this Dolphins team isn't going to the Super Bowl and will be lucky to make the playoffs. So let's not act like Fitz is some kind of HOF QB.
The difference here is that people on the team say that Tua is doing "pretty good", meanwhile Mahomes was destroying practices. Mahomes is one of the best to ever do it and THAT'S your argument for why we need to switch.

Literally makes zero sense.

The difference here is that people on the team say that Tua is doing "pretty good", meanwhile Mahomes was destroying practices. Mahomes is one of the best to ever do it and THAT'S your argument for why we need to switch.

Literally makes zero sense.
Tua was drafted #5 overall for a reason. If he can't see the field by year 2 at the latest then he was the wrong pick to begin with. Period!

Tua was drafted #5 overall for a reason. If he can't see the field by year 2 at the latest then he was the wrong pick to begin with. Period!
Nope. If he's really good for 14 years instead of 13 because he ended up having to sit on the bench behind a possible top 5 QBR QB the first TWO years of his career instead of one, then who cares? Oh, you, because of LITERALLY NO REASON.

Nope. If he's really good for 14 years instead of 13 because he ended up having to sit on the bench behind a possible top 5 QBR QB the first TWO years of his career instead of one, then who cares? Oh, you, because of LITERALLY NO REASON.
No because any other team that drafted Tua where the Dolphins drafted him would be playing him by year 2 at the latest if not sooner. You seem to have a hard on for Fitzpatrick. Are you related to him? You do realize that he is and always has been a journeyman QB. You act like he is some great QB destined for the HOF.

That's why it might be best if Fitzpatrick isn't back next year when they are making the move to Tua. It might make for a divided locker room because players still thinking Fitz should be the starter. It will be easier to transition to Tua if Fitz isn't around.

Now I'm going to argue the other side. Like most everyone here, at some point I expect the 'bad' RF to show up THIS year. No guarantees, just going by hx. That's why I and quite a few others want TT to get snaps ASAP. Not an entire game (although I'm not against it), but get the jitters behind him.

No because any other team that drafted Tua where the Dolphins drafted him would be playing him by year 2 at the latest if not sooner. You seem to have a hard on for Fitzpatrick. Are you related to him? You do realize that he is and always has been a journeyman QB. You act like he is some great QB destined for the HOF.
I'm sorry, but do you think Green Bay fans are clamoring for Jordan Love to start in 2021?

The goal is literally to get good QB play. You're getting it right now, but you want to stop it all for the sake of getting Tua in there, for what... ? To get good QB play?

It reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Peter had to choose between a boat or a mystery box, and he's like, "A boat is a boat, but a mystery box could be anything! It could even be a boat!!"

I'm sorry, but do you think Green Bay fans are clamoring for Jordan Love to start in 2021?

The goal is literally to get good QB play. You're getting it right now, but you want to stop it all for the sake of getting Tua in there, for what... ? To get good QB play?

It reminds me of the Family Guy episode where Peter had to choose between a boat or a mystery box, and he's like, "A boat is a boat, but a mystery box could be anything! It could even be a boat!!"
Now you are comparing Fitzpatrick to fricken Aaron Rodgers? LOL That's a good one. Not only that, where was Jordan Love drafted? Oh that's right, somewhere in the mid 20's. He wasn't a top 5 pick like Tua was. Jordan Love was never drafted to be a starter right away and that's why most people hated that pick because they drafted someone who won't help them for a few years at least.

Right now Fitzpatrick is best qb on dolphins roster until Tua show he is ready. It coaches job get tua ready by next yr..

Now you are comparing Fitzpatrick to fricken Aaron Rodgers? LOL That's a good one. Not only that, where was Jordan Love drafted? Oh that's right, somewhere in the mid 20's. He wasn't a top 5 pick like Tua was. Jordan Love was never drafted to be a starter right away and that's why most people hated that pick because they drafted someone who won't help them for a few years at least.
I don't know how I can beat this very apparent point into your skull any harder without literally killing you, so I'm just going to stop here. You don't get it.

Move on.

Back
Top Bottom