Why Miami Dolphins players love Ryan Fitzpatrick: 'He's the man' | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Miami Dolphins players love Ryan Fitzpatrick: 'He's the man'

you

You are using mahomes as an example and yet he sat for a year.
I know he did. My point was he started year 2 even after Alex Smith had a good season the year before. I was pointing out that regardless what Fitz does this season that Tua should be the starter next year.

Do people want good QB play or do they only care about which QB gives it to them?

He's 5th in QBR. He's been streaky in his career, but if he continues this he should absolutely be starting 2021 as well and that's coming from someone who championed taking Tua ALL last season.

I love Fitz and I think he's having a solid year so far but it's still too early for stats to have any significant meaning. Fitz is also tied for 20th in touchdowns and only three QBs have thrown more interceptions. So is he 5th best QB so far? Or in the bottom third? Hypothetically speaking if Fitz finished the year as a top 5 QB across the board (TDs, yards, rating, etc.), I'd absolutely want him back and keep Tua on the bench until Fitz declines. But I think we all know that's not going to happen.

If Fitzpatrick was 33 would I care if Tua started no..dolphins need younger moble bigger army Fitzpatrick type qb..

I love Fitz and I think he's having a solid year so far but it's still too early for stats to have any significant meaning. Fitz is also tied for 20th in touchdowns and only three QBs have thrown more interceptions. So is he 5th best QB so far? Or in the bottom third? Hypothetically speaking if Fitz finished the year as a top 5 QB across the board (TDs, yards, rating, etc.), I'd absolutely want him back and keep Tua on the bench until Fitz declines. But I think we all know that's not going to happen.
Thing is he's only top 5 in QBR, which espn wont say what they use to come to that number... For example, Russell Wilson with his 19 TDs 3 INTs maintaining a 8.9 YPA is somehow behind Fitzpatrick in QBR who's boasting an impressive 7/5 TD/INT with 7.9 YPA... Seems legit...

I already know that. That's why I want Tua to start ASAP!
We’re trying to accomplish something this year, Fitz earned the right to take the team as far as he can this year and we have our future franchise qb learning from a smart player..

there is no negative here, and we might make a run at the playoffs this year..I’m gonna enjoy that with the youngest roster in the league That has oodles of upcoming assets.

Last edited:
Thing is he's only top 5 in QBR, which espn wont say what they use to come to that number... For example, Russell Wilson with his 19 TDs 3 INTs maintaining a 8.9 YPA is somehow behind Fitzpatrick in QBR who's boasting an impressive 7/5 TD/INT with 7.9 YPA... Seems legit...

espns stuff never has been legit.

Outside of some designed runs at 'Bama', I dont feel that their games are even that different. Both players will take off when the defense parts like the Red Sea, but both take the snap, quickly get into 'survey the field' position and either chuck it or truck it without wasting time.

They just need to get him on the coaching staff when his playing days are over.
You think Fitzpatrick would retire as a player and then take on a coaching position here? No way he stays on as a coach, putting in just as many hours as he would as a player. When he retires, he'll be at home raising his kids. As well, he should. Tua is a sponge learning from Ryan right now. He'll be more than up to speed come 2021.

Now you are comparing Fitzpatrick to fricken Aaron Rodgers? LOL That's a good one. Not only that, where was Jordan Love drafted? Oh that's right, somewhere in the mid 20's. He wasn't a top 5 pick like Tua was. Jordan Love was never drafted to be a starter right away and that's why most people hated that pick because they drafted someone who won't help them for a few years at least.
Yeah, his posts never really make much sense

We’re trying to accomplish something this year, Fitz earned the right to take the team as far as he can this year and we have our future franchise qb learning from a smart player..

there is no negative here, and we might make a run at the playoffs this year..I’m gonna enjoy that with the youngest roster in the league That has oodles of upcoming assets.
Right but my argument was for the people who think Fitz should start next year as well. Tua needs to be the starter in 2021 at the latest.

Right but my argument was for the people who think Fitz should start next year as well. Tua needs to be the starter in 2021 at the latest.
I got you..

Listen Most everyone mocked me when I was talking all offseason, that regardless of my affinity for Tua, Fitz deserved to start and play until the team is out of contention..The reasons I took that stance was because I believed he earned that respect with his performance Level.. Folks told me he sucks and is just the same ole qb he has been, I said no you need to take a closer look, the man is improving at the position.

This is playing out exactly as I said, he got the start, he has the respect, and he actually is trending up as a Qb and playing at a high level.

We shall see how long it lasts and how long he keeps our team in contention for a playoff bid, But if he does and this team make a serious run at the playoffs well done in the 2nd year of a massive rebuild, we will be way ahead of schedule.

Nothing to do with Tua.. love his as much as anyone here but he can sit and watch, and train his body to be a machine in the mean time.

Last edited:
one primary theme you hear over and over about Fitz is his knowledge and teaching...

I'm sure we'd be shocked at how much he contributes to the overall IQ of the team!

Being really greedy but... (said it a number of times before) would LOVE him as

the eventual replacement for Chan! The man would probably be a BRILLIANT coach!

Back
Top Bottom