Why Miami needs a QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Miami needs a QB

MiZFiT

Club Member
Reaction score
Yes. This is indeed another thread about the QB situation in Miami. Yes. I know you are tired of reading about how the Phins should get Orton and whatnot. But this isnt so much about Orton. Its to illustrate just how bad the offense is with Henne under center.

Let us start with the defense. In yards per game allowed, the defense is ranked 6th in the NFL with just 309.3 y/g. In points allowed per game, the defense gave up 20.8 p/g. Thats good for 14th in the NFL. In defensive 3rd down percentage, the Dolphins ranked 11th at 37%. The Dolphins defense ranked 3rd in 1st downs allowed per game with 16.5. And the defense ranked 11th in amount of plays they were on the field with just 988. The dolphin defense is great and with the lose of Chowder, adding Burnett, a healthy Odrick, healthy Edds, healthy Allen, more fit and motivated Soliai, a more experienced Wake, Davis, and Smith, this defense will be that much better.

Now to the more pressing issue, the offense. The offense ranked 30th in points per game. Scoring just 17.1 points per game. The offense gained on average 323.1 yards per game, good for 21st in the NFL. The offense averaged just 18.8 1st downs per game, good for 19th in the NFL. The one good stat going for the offense is being ranked 12th in the NFL in 3rd down percentage at 40%. Now those are stats for the offense as a whole. Let's get more specific and focus on the passing game. Chad Henne ranked 18th in the NFL, averaging 220.1 yards per game through the air. Also Henne ranked 16th in completion percentage at 61.4%. He threw for 15 TDs, good for 23rd in the NFL and 19 INTs, good for 4th in the NFL. Not to mention being tied in INTs with the INT record holder in Brett Favre, but thats beside the point. And with a QB rating of just 75.4, Chad Henne is good for 26th in the NFL, just beating out Sanchez by 0.1 for 27th.

As you can see, Henne sucks. Now using stats may not be the best way to illustrate just how bad Henne is but seeing as he rates in the bottom half of the league in just about every QB statistical category possible, i think it goes without saying (but i say it all the time) that Chad Henne is terrible.

I doubt the QB position will be addressed this off-season (I dont count Moore as addressing the situation). QB is a serious concern for the Dolphins, especially how the game is played today in the NFL. I can only hope that the dolphins will address the situation in the 2012 draft by trading up and grabbing a "sure thing" or as close as possible as they can get to a franchise QB.

clear.gif

I'm pretty sure it helps when you actually read it. Its ignorant to comment otherwise.

You can look at those defensive numbers and figure that they gave up more points than their play indicated they should have due to the offense putting them in terrible spots. Namely the turnover machine that is Chad Henne made the defenses job much tougher than it needed to be.

If we had a more efficent offense that actually put the ball in the endzone on occasion, giving the phins more cushions to work with on D, as well as someone who didnt turn the ball over and place the D in adverse spots, there is no question this is a top 3 defense in my mind.

If you couple that with a better offense, you get a sense of how many more games this team can win by doing nothing more than UPGRADING THE QB POSITION!!!!!!!

Couldn't get past the first paragraph, just another aniti-Henne rant. Nothing new here, just you jumping on your soapbox.

It's going to be a waste of a championship defense....that's what makes me most sad about this season.

It's going to be a waste of a championship defense....that's what makes me most sad about this season.

Luckily only Bell and i guess Allen might take steps back after this season. Overall the defense is very young.

Let me shorten your answer for you.

"Henne is horrible, and most people agree (excluding the Miami FO) that the QB is an integral part of the offense and teams' success."

Back
Top Bottom