Why MUST Miami Draft A QB In 2020? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why MUST Miami Draft A QB In 2020?

Dolfanfrank70

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I really dont like the QB class in 2020 (after Burrow) even if Tua is in this class, in my opinion Miami would best be served using this draft 2020 to add the BPA at every pick or trade down and gain more draft capital for 2021. Enter the 2021 draft seeking the QB of the future simply a better class IMO.

I dont see why this has to be the year?

thoughts.

With as many picks as we have, I thinking picking up a QB is inevitable and a reasonable use of our resources since QBs are so difficult to truly evaluate.

Now... that doesnt mean that we have to take one in the first.

We are definitely drafting a QB. I would draft one every year until we find the right one. The drop off after Burrow and Tua seems pretty steep. If Tua goes into the draft I think that we take a chance on the china doll at 5. We have wasted picks before and at least we have 2 more 1st. I would also draft Anthony Gordon in the 3rd or 4th.

Well. we have three first round picks and historically first round quarterbacks are the ticket.

I think only 10 Super Bowls didn't have a starting quarterback who was drafted in the first round. Granted, my command of stats like this isn't what it used to be. But I believe that is the breakdown -- 43 of 53 Super Bowls with at least one first round quarterback, if not both.

That type of number is even more remarkable when you consider Tom Brady's career, meaning the other starting quarterback was the only possibility.

It is one reason I supported the Josh Rosen move. You can't look at these things in isolation. There have been countless first round quarterbacks who got knocked around then bloomed later, like Craig Morton or Billy Kilmer or Jim Plunkett or Doug Williams or Trent Dilfer, etc.

Let other teams ignore the big picture and think they can majestically say Yes to this guy and No to that guy. I'd like to go into camp every season with 3 first round quarterbacks on the roster. Various stages of their career. Various stages of reputation. Doesn't matter. Good things will happen. Tannehill suddenly blossomed this year when he had another first round quarterback in camp with him. I'm not saying that was the decisive variable. It can't hurt, as opposed to knowing all you have to beat out is Matt Moore.

I really dont like the QB class in 2020 (after Burrow) even if Tua is in this class, in my opinion Miami would best be served using this draft 2020 to add the BPA at every pick or trade down and gain more draft capital for 2021. Enter the 2021 draft seeking the QB of the future simply a better class IMO.

I dont see why this has to be the year?

thoughts.

It doesn't HAVE to be. Miami will research every draftable QB and rank them. If they can get one near the rank, I think they pull the trigger. I doubt they'll reach, so MAYBE . . . no '20 QB

I have been coming around to the same idea that they do not have a have a QB in this Draft.

We really do not know how the team feels about Herbert or Tua or Love or Fromm.IF they really like one of those guys(and there is risk with all of them in the 1st Round)then they should have their choice at #5.

I don't want a QB at #5 unless it's Burrow and that ain't going to happen. I could live with Fromm or Eason at 2A. But i'm really thinking Anthony Gordon in the 3rd because he won't be there for our 4th round comp. pick or Shea Patterson - Steven Montez with our extra 5th or 6th round picks to push for a backup spot.

There are decent odds there's a mvp/championship caliber QB available in this draft that won't be taken number 1. It'll be another draft where we pass and make excuses why we passed.

Back
Top Bottom