Why New Dolphins Coach Brian Flores Is The Antithesis Of Adam Gase | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why New Dolphins Coach Brian Flores Is The Antithesis Of Adam Gase

Darnold will make him look good imo, Darnold has so much talent and work ethic a monkey could develop him..

I think The fans will turn on Gase first chance they get and root for Greg Williams, Williams is already winning over their hearts addressing them at a recent practice..
I disagree. Gase will reign Darnold in and not develop him any further. No audibles. No change of plays. The one thing with Gase: his ego. Nobody overrules him. Nobody can be greater than him. Just the other day I watched another presser with him. The arrogance. Wow. That is so different from the current Dolphins coaches. Flores at times may not say much but he is not arrogant and snotty about it. Let the Jets have a 2-game losing streak and the NY media will eat him alive when he shows up with that snotty and arrogant attitude.

The more that comes out about Adam Gase, the more he seemed to be clearly in over his head as a coach. I think his talent is in quarterback development, but that's probably about it.

I am hopeful that Flores will be a major upgrade.
I never bought into this even and I was very vocal about it. Claim to fame was hanging around Peyton Manning. I don’t think he did much of anything there. Cutler having a decent year in Chicago has to be put in perspective as it was a pretty pedestrian year by QB standards. He didn’t make Tannehill much better. There was some development but it didn’t translate to more PPG or anything. I really don’t know what the man is good at that affords him another HC opportunity.

1. Adam for what he was had us happy in 2016 before wheel fall off.
2. Flores ??? we will see must find QB, before I can believed in him.

One of the things i noticed in Flores PC the other day was he said that he loves looking around the room and not seeing it filled with egos. I know Gase jettisoned out some talent but also the ego's with it. Prob the only real ego he has left is Jones and i really think he'd be gone if any way possible. Kiko seems like he could potentially be a hot head if he lost snaps, but nothing has ever jumped out and shown that, just a personal opinion. I understand that most overly talented players come with a massive head, they've been told their **** dont stink since they were 10 years old.

honestly gase lost me alot later than he lost most. i mean i scratched my head with alot of what he did, but it really wasnt until (i think the vikings game) where he wasnt even watching the game just sitting on the bench trying to draw up plays or something while the game was getting out of hand that made me say "f--- this dude" but even when i was still defending him and i still say this about him to the day, i think he was an awesome play designer, but couldnt call a game for **** and had zero timing recognition. I think he would be a great assistant HC (not that his ego would let him take that roll) because he is smart and creative, and he could be the buddy without it really hurting the team. But this also instead the school yard where you can draw up a play on the ipad sitting on the sideline and tell the team to just run it without practicing or getting the timing in.

Hopefully with Flores already showing he will replace a coach this is going to show that maybe we have a headcoach who will trust his assistants and not just saw oh well we will roll with what we got

One of the things i noticed in Flores PC the other day was he said that he loves looking around the room and not seeing it filled with egos. I know Gase jettisoned out some talent but also the ego's with it. Prob the only real ego he has left is Jones and i really think he'd be gone if any way possible. Kiko seems like he could potentially be a hot head if he lost snaps, but nothing has ever jumped out and shown that, just a personal opinion. I understand that most overly talented players come with a massive head, they've been told their **** dont stink since they were 10 years old.

honestly gase lost me alot later than he lost most. i mean i scratched my head with alot of what he did, but it really wasnt until (i think the vikings game) where he wasnt even watching the game just sitting on the bench trying to draw up plays or something while the game was getting out of hand that made me say "f--- this dude" but even when i was still defending him and i still say this about him to the day, i think he was an awesome play designer, but couldnt call a game for **** and had zero timing recognition. I think he would be a great assistant HC (not that his ego would let him take that roll) because he is smart and creative, and he could be the buddy without it really hurting the team. But this also instead the school yard where you can draw up a play on the ipad sitting on the sideline and tell the team to just run it without practicing or getting the timing in.

Hopefully with Flores already showing he will replace a coach this is going to show that maybe we have a headcoach who will trust his assistants and not just saw oh well we will roll with what we got

Wasn't there a blurb the other day the staff had Jones doing things he didn't like? Wonder why

Wasn't there a blurb the other day the staff had Jones doing things he didn't like? Wonder why

as herman boone would say "Jones, whos team is this? It's Daddy's team, Daddy Flores"

I'd love if a fire was lit under Jones ass and he played like a disciplined man possessed, just dont see the disciplined ever happening. He's got the talent to go along with the Ego, but does he have the discipline to stop with the free lancing, nothing has proved he can yet, or maybe we just havent had a daddy to come in and say quit the ****

These kind of coaches are great if you can couple it with winning. We're not going to be a winning team. Flores will lose this team by next year. Players play for coaches who win. The players will buy into the system this year and it will get them nowhere. Next year players will start to tune out Flores.

Gase will be 6-0 against Flores by the time we fire Flores. Flores is a sacrificial lamb that will reside over a team bereft of the talent to compete against their own division and because of that he has no chance at succeeding. That's what happens when you gut your team.

If We're lucky we will find our franchise QB in next year's draft and then hopefully our new coach in 2022. I would get rid of Grier. I don't want a GM who thinks Rosen was worth a 2nd rounder deciding who we pick with our first next year in what is arguably the most important draft in Dolphins history.

This may seem dark and gloomy but it's just what you should expect when you purposely tank and gut a team. You're going to suck for three years. Now if we land our franchise QB next year you can make the case it was worth it and from year four on it should be fun again. Until then just keep the liquor within easy reach

The biggest difference I see with him and Gase is Gase had an ego IMHO. Flores is all about FOOTBALL. It is not about him, or a player, or a coach and their style.....it is about FOOTBALL! When your coach doesn't have an ego and treats everyone the same, it makes it harder for the players to have egos. You definitely see this in New England where egos are checked and players don't say very much until after they leave.

as herman boone would say "Jones, whos team is this? It's Daddy's team, Daddy Flores"

I'd love if a fire was lit under Jones *** and he played like a disciplined man possessed, just dont see the disciplined ever happening. He's got the talent to go along with the Ego, but does he have the discipline to stop with the free lancing, nothing has proved he can yet, or maybe we just havent had a daddy to come in and say quit the ****
And yet he’s a top flight safety in this league.

These kind of coaches are great if you can couple it with winning. We're not going to be a winning team. Flores will lose this team by next year. Players play for coaches who win. The players will buy into the system this year and it will get them nowhere. Next year players will start to tune out Flores.

Gase will be 6-0 against Flores by the time we fire Flores. Flores is a sacrificial lamb that will reside over a team bereft of the talent to compete against their own division and because of that he has no chance at succeeding. That's what happens when you gut your team.

If We're lucky we will find our franchise QB in next year's draft and then hopefully our new coach in 2022. I would get rid of Grier. I don't want a GM who thinks Rosen was worth a 2nd rounder deciding who we pick with our first next year in what is arguably the most important draft in Dolphins history.

This may seem dark and gloomy but it's just what you should expect when you purposely tank and gut a team. You're going to suck for three years. Now if we land our franchise QB next year you can make the case it was worth it and from year four on it should be fun again. Until then just keep the liquor within easy reach
Gase will not be 6-0 against any team that plays a physical brand of football.

And yet he’s a top flight safety in this league.

I would say he USED to be a top flight safety in the NFL. Dont get me wrong I'd love for his shoulder to magically be the same as it was 4 years ago. The entire defense was undisciplined and played for themselves last year. If you're free lancing with nonreprecussions for making a mistake then you are gonna guess right and make some big plays.

Back
Top Bottom