Why New Dolphins Coach Brian Flores Is The Antithesis Of Adam Gase | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why New Dolphins Coach Brian Flores Is The Antithesis Of Adam Gase

And yet he’s a top flight safety in this league.

Jones is still a very productive player in the league yes. But the freelancing style has become easier to exploit with all of the misdirection the league is implementing. The league goes in cycles so within another couple years the freelancing will be back on top

These kind of coaches are great if you can couple it with winning. We're not going to be a winning team. Flores will lose this team by next year. Players play for coaches who win. The players will buy into the system this year and it will get them nowhere. Next year players will start to tune out Flores.

Gase will be 6-0 against Flores by the time we fire Flores. Flores is a sacrificial lamb that will reside over a team bereft of the talent to compete against their own division and because of that he has no chance at succeeding. That's what happens when you gut your team.

If We're lucky we will find our franchise QB in next year's draft and then hopefully our new coach in 2022. I would get rid of Grier. I don't want a GM who thinks Rosen was worth a 2nd rounder deciding who we pick with our first next year in what is arguably the most important draft in Dolphins history.

This may seem dark and gloomy but it's just what you should expect when you purposely tank and gut a team. You're going to suck for three years. Now if we land our franchise QB next year you can make the case it was worth it and from year four on it should be fun again. Until then just keep the liquor within easy reach
Is that really your expectation?

I never bought into this even and I was very vocal about it. Claim to fame was hanging around Peyton Manning. I don’t think he did much of anything there. Cutler having a decent year in Chicago has to be put in perspective as it was a pretty pedestrian year by QB standards. He didn’t make Tannehill much better. There was some development but it didn’t translate to more PPG or anything. I really don’t know what the man is good at that affords him another HC opportunity.
Well, it's definitely up for debate. The fact that he gave up on the run so early in games wasn't conducive to quarterback play. So perhaps you are on target.

Jones is still a very productive player in the league yes. But the freelancing style has become easier to exploit with all of the misdirection the league is implementing. The league goes in cycles so within another couple years the freelancing will be back on top
Let’s see if coach Flores can get him to play w/in the system. I believe he can. I still think Jones is part of the solution - even if it takes another year to contend.

I would say he USED to be a top flight safety in the NFL. Dont get me wrong I'd love for his shoulder to magically be the same as it was 4 years ago. The entire defense was undisciplined and played for themselves last year. If you're free lancing with nonreprecussions for making a mistake then you are gonna guess right and make some big plays.
He looks good physically / says he feels good. I think Flores can coach him into playing within the system. Dan Campbell got him to and he had back to back pick 6 games / best season for a S in the entire league that year. So it’s possible / like to think he’s part of the solution. Age does catch up w everyone but I think he still has a lot left.

Back
Top Bottom