why not draft BPA???? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

why not draft BPA????

Doktor Ivel said:
Braylon Edwards is the best player available....
in your opinion...

he isn't the best WR on my board, let alone the best player.

There is no BPA in this draft. That is one of the main problems. It could be Smith, Rodgers, Edwards, Williams, Benson or Brown (Whoever said DJ isn't on the same page with every NFL FO and every draft expert, I tend to believe those people over a random poster). It is basically just pick the player for the position you need the most out of the BPA's when there are more then one, in this draft we have 6.

longest name for a bpa ever

uh, the bpa is braylon alex ronnie edwards smith brown. ty. lol.

footballer said:
uh, the bpa is ronnie brown.

Why? Because of his combine???? So ignore all of the production the other players have had over their careers because Brown, a backup, had a little faster time then the other of the top 3 running backs? That makes so much sense, that guy ran for a ton through his career and played good defenses, this other guy broke all kinds of records at michigan...But Brown ran somewhat fast at a combine, but looks like he has trouble avoiding tackles..BUT HE RAN FAST...he must be the BPA in the entire draft.......

finsgonewild said:
is the best player braylon edwards???

Not in my opinion. I think Ronnie Brown is probably the best player available, if he isnt the best, is he definitely one of the best, and he fills a huge needs so it is a win win situation imo.

outtawack...

40 times has no bearing on my opinion....the guy is skilled...have you seen him run? overall bro, i just want what you want, whomever can help our team regain its form, and never ever ever be the brunt of losing jokes again...i honestly dont care about the bpa, nwa, ncaa, ifa, whatever..i just post what i think. its all a game.

outtawack311 said:
Why? Because of his combine???? So ignore all of the production the other players have had over their careers because Brown, a backup, had a little faster time then the other of the top 3 running backs? That makes so much sense, that guy ran for a ton through his career and played good defenses, this other guy broke all kinds of records at michigan...But Brown ran somewhat fast at a combine, but looks like he has trouble avoiding tackles..BUT HE RAN FAST...he must be the BPA in the entire draft.......

Pretty much all draft gurus or draft sites had Brown rated in the top 5-10 before his combine. To say people like him just because of his combine numbers is naive. I was all for drafting Brown before his combine, all his workouts did is solidify him as the best back in the draft.

finsgonewild said:
we have many glaring needs but why not get the best player? I would rather get the best player in the draft rather than going for need. Having said this who are the best players in the draft?

i hate saying it, but it to me is Alex Barron, but I like it that he isnt on hardly anyones radar = better value. We can grab the big fella alot cheaper then in other years, because of two standout recievers and three good/great RB's. I would take any deal I could to move down to 10th, and select Alex there.

I still believe we trade with Chicago, then with Minnesota. After Minnesota, it depends on who is offering what. Those two trades will get us into the mix right where we want to be.

footballer said:
40 times has no bearing on my opinion....the guy is skilled...have you seen him run? overall bro, i just want what you want, whomever can help our team regain its form, and never ever ever be the brunt of losing jokes again...i honestly dont care about the bpa, nwa, ncaa, ifa, whatever..i just post what i think. its all a game.

The problem with him is that he doesn't seem to have the field vision to avoid tackles like the other 2 have. He also won't be able to run over people like he did back in college (which sometimes even in college didnt work). The best pure runner is still Benson, he can also catch (although not as well as brown).

DonShula84 said:
Pretty much all draft gurus or draft sites had Brown rated in the top 5-10 before his combine. To say people like him just because of his combine numbers is naive. I was all for drafting Brown before his combine, all his workouts did is solidify him as the best back in the draft.

I am saying since his combine numbers bumped him ahead of the running backs, we shouldnt just assume he is the BPA over the other backs and the other players. I don't believe the combine numbers should jump people up in the draft more then a pick or 2.

Back
Top Bottom