Why Not Draft Lamar Jackson? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not Draft Lamar Jackson?

Tannchise

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/lamar-jackson-1.html

I don't understand why we would even consider passing on a player that has this much potential to transcend the team. Am I reading right that he has 5,200 yards and 45 TDs this year ? LOL

Teams in Houston, LA, SF and Philly all have an enthusiasm towards their team. Yes two are coming off injuries, but their small sample size was more transcending than anything Miami has seen since the mid 1990's. In the NFL, Jackson will run less and have less rushing TDs. However, the ability to keep the chains moving is what makes this kid so appetizing.

I love the way Jackson played in his last 4 games. IMHO, Miami has been a mediocre team, playing with mediocre quarterbacks. Fans will not only lose their minds waiting for him to be transcending, it will never happen. There are too many needs for Tannehill to succeed. The SF 49ers were in the same position, however, now are re-buiding their team differently and easier because Garropolo is their qb.

Worst case scenario, why are we afraid of real qb competition? Have we really spent 1st round picks well in recent years? There are 1,000 Tannehill debates. Well, if the qb was playing well, there would be no debates. Miami cannot afford to have a mediocre qb, when the Jets, Bills and Pats will all have upgraded the same qb.

Flawed premise #1: "Real QB Competition"

There wouldn't be any real QB competition any time soon. Lamar Jackson would not win the starting job in 2018 training camp.

pat white 2.0
That is COMPLETELY the wrong comparison. White was nowhere close to Jackson's level. He is a taller more accurate Mike Vick.

His accuracy issues were an issue at Louisville but not something he can't overcome at the next level.

The guy is tough as nails too boot stands in and takes tons of hits and gets back up. Now he does need to improve that aspect to avoid injury but again it is not something that can't be fixed.

He is a project no doubt but if you can harness his God given talent he will be a stud.

I think if Miami did not have the pressing needs it does I would take him in maybe 2nd-3rd round.

We see that Gase is hitching his wagon to Tannehill so he better have a solid back up plan if it doesn't work out.

I am hoping that he stays out of the AFC East...We don't want those problems facing us twice a year.

Won't be a good NFL player. Pat White will tell you that style don't work in NFL but it's flawless in college.

I personally think Jackson could be a Deshaun Watson type player in the NFL. The accuracy is the question but to his credit his completion % increased from 54 to 56 to 59 over the past three seasons.

This is a dynamic playmaker and I am all for drafting him and letting him sit behind RT in his inevitable "prove it" season in 2018.

How do you know any of the speculation that you posted as fact?

How do you know any of the speculation that you posted as fact?
I know Tannehill’s tenure had been mediocre. I also know that there is a recent run on trading up for qb’s because teams understand their importance. You can sit and wait for Tannehill, but Gase wont want to lose this job because of his decisions on qb last two years

I know Tannehill’s tenure had been mediocre. I also know that there is a recent run on trading up for qb’s because teams understand their importance. You can sit and wait for Tannehill, but Gase wont want to lose this job because of his decisions on qb last two years

Have you watched jackson at all? Or just looking at his stats?

Have you watched jackson at all? Or just looking at his stats?

Apparently he thinks we are switching over to the read option this off-season.

Jackson could wind up being a great pro QB, but he needs a lot of work to be able to play in an offense similar to the one the Dolphins run. He wouldn't be competing for a starting job right away, that's for sure.

Back
Top Bottom