Tim Tebow 53.6

Lamar Jackson 107.4

Rushing Attempts per Game (A/G)

Tim Tebow 12.6

Lamar Jackson 17.1

Rushing Yards per Attempt (Y/A)

Tim Tebow 4.3

Lamar Jackson 6.3

Adam Gase doesn't possess the innovate and open offensive mind to utilize a talent like Lamar Jackson at quarterback.

When you look at a player like Jackson you hope he is Mariota...A superior athlete that is also a very good QB...Jackson is not that. I won't downplay his ability to make plays at the college level, but so could Tebow, but very few would argue that Tebow should be an NFL QB. I don't doubt that some team will take Jackson by the end of the second round, but expecting anything other than a backup role with some package play is a real reach.

I want to say Blake Bortles is the best comparison, but Bortles doesn't run a 4.4 40.

I'll preface this by saying I don't watch college football except the national championship game so this opinion is based off watching one highlight video:

Passing: not impressed

Athleticism: that spin move at full gallop might have been one of the most impressive things I've seen, from any skill player, not just a QB

The determining factor is that Gase wants more than anything to run his offense effectively with the right personnel. Jackson does not seem to fit into Gases system. All talent aside, Gase is building his machine with specific parts.

I'd bet that Lamar Jackson won't even be there. Arizona is probably going to trade up for a QB. Cleveland, Giants, Jets, Denver, Arizona, Buffalo, Jacksonville and even New England could be landing spots for him. If he makes it beyond top 10, I don't think there's any way he's there for the 2nd round. He'll be in Buffalo where those legs will carry the team when it's snowing too hard to pass.

The determining factor is that Gase wants more than anything to run his offense effectively with the right personnel. Jackson does not seem to fit into Gases system. All talent aside, Gase is building his machine with specific parts.

He needs a lot of work on his throwing, too. I know some people are concerned about running to contact, and I don't disagree, but he has accuracy issues that stem from having an inconsistent/poor throwing motion. That can absolutely be fixed with proper coaching, but it won't happen overnight. He is a player who will have to be put in a read option type of offense if he wants to have any success right away, IMO.

We aren’t gonna do it. His game doesn’t fit our offense at all

He plays to contact and he’s errant high in the middle of the field which is where many of the route concepts we’d run with him would require breaking

We aren’t gonna do it. His game doesn’t fit our offense at all

He plays to contact and he’s errant high in the middle of the field which is where many of the route concepts we’d run with him would require breaking

Good summary. He's high on a line in the middle of the field. The safeties on smart teams will know it and merely wait for it.

Touch has improved on the run. But Jackson has no touch from those flatfooted throws in the pocket. Line drive risers.

However, I suspect he'll look different this time next year, no matter where he goes. The only thing that remains the same in his game from year to year is carrying the ball in his left arm. Otherwise there are always noticeable changes.

I'm not a fan of drafting him for our offense but we'r forgetting that RT was a project at 8 and someone that needed time coming from a&m having played at wr.

I would be hesitant to draft anyone Petrino has coached. His offense is not exactly NFL friendly. I know he wanted to get Jackson more under center this year to get him ready for the next level, but I think he won't be able to be get away with some of the inaccuracies that he is able to in that offense.

Back
Top Bottom