Why Not Give Orton Three Years? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why Not Give Orton Three Years?

JoeFin

Scout Team
Reaction score
From what I've read, a big sticking point for Orton was he wanted more than a one-year contract.

Fine, why not give him three?

Make him the starter this year and see how it goes. If it doesn't go so well, do what you have to in order to draft a stud QB next year (big QB class next year ... Luck isn't the only one), let the rookie learn under Orton for a year, and then make Orton the backup in Year 3. ... That's IF things don't work out well. If they do work out well, then just keep riding Orton.

When will the Dolphins ever learn that they MUST MUST MUST get a decent QB? And the longer the wait, the longer it's going to be. They have to start NOW. They have to put SOMETHING into motion NOW.

Maybe Orton can be the QB they need, but if not, he can at least be part of the plan to get a decent QB on the roster and learning the pro game (a position I wouldn't put Henne in).

I believe we ultimately will. This is a game of poker more than negotiations. i don't expect anything but opinions or speculation for the next few days... Both camps are being extremely tight lipped.

well, because he wants 8mil pr yr/3 years for one

Any decent QB is going to want to be paid. If they're hoping to find a diamond in the rough, we'll likely be in the very same spot we're in now for the next 10-20 years. How often do Tom Bradys come along in the NFL?

I find it hard to believe Miami is only offering a 1-year contract. Even if we were to draft a QB early next year, we would be keeping Orton for at least 2 years probably 3.

I just think he wants Kolb money, even Tavaris Jackson got paid a ridiculous amount this offseason IMO.

I think the ridiculous contract that Kolb signed is the real issue. Before that it was reported that the contract was essentially in the $6 million dollar range. But after Kolb signed why wouldn't Orton want more than that? He has accomplished significantly more in his career than Kolb has.

Back
Top Bottom